• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cathedral Green - Fire

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just to be clear; is this just for fires, or are any other serious Exeter news items allowed on here?

chunkymorrinmunter

Does the fire at the leisure centre being sorted out promptly mean the supply of Bovril for the BB is ok ?
Perhaps a whip round required as per Clarence,who no doubt were insured.just heard that there is a garden shed alight in pinhoe.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Just to be clear; is this just for fires, or are any other serious Exeter news items allowed on here?

Fires only, after all we don't want it going off topic to some strange tangent that no one else understands.

IndoMike

Perhaps a whip round required as per Clarence,who no doubt were insured.just heard that there is a garden shed alight in pinhoe.
My cigarette is on fire. Wife just chucked a bucket of water over me. Women!

Langer

graiser

Not to worry chaps, James Brent’s riding to the rescue, should be rebuilt by 2050!

iscalad

Not to worry chaps, James Brent’s riding to the rescue, should be rebuilt by 2050!
Been posted on Exeter memories site. Lot of naive comments on there about it.

dontpassback

Spot on graiser,it’s amazing the amount of people who aren’t aware of his shenanigans at oldway mansion,not to mention your new stand,Central Park and the pavilions,father in law is fuming as a Plymouth taxpayer he has probably subsides Brents non builds along with a helping hand from Tudor Evans !

Colesman Ballz

Spot on graiser,it’s amazing the amount of people who aren’t aware of his shenanigans at oldway mansion,not to mention your new stand,Central Park and the pavilions,father in law is fuming as a Plymouth taxpayer he has probably subsides Brents non builds along with a helping hand from Tudor Evans !
Given that Brownsword received a circa £23m insurance payout, it would be interesting as to whether the new owners received a sizeable dowry to take the liability of a ruined listed building off the Abode Hotel Groups hands ? I just hope the Exeter City Planners rigorously defend the integrity of the Close ! The New Ownership does not give me cause for optimism however.

Langer

How strange he’s gone bust with Saltrock and Buckerell lodge.