• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

World Cup starting XI

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Barkley and Ox have looked bright so far.

Smalling and Jones are dreadful. Possibly the worst centre back pairing ever for England.

Last edited:

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ecuador seem to be wearing City's Brazil kit.

grecIAN Harris

I know we've just drawn 2-2 with Ecuador but before anybody decides to go off on one just consider this......... Italy 1-1 Luxumberg. Yes, really.

Grecian_Jay

Italy are nothing to worry about Greasy They're poor these days.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ox was really good tonight I thought. Hopefully the injury he picked up isn't serious.

Silver fox

Lambert looks like another lucky charm, bit like crouchy was a few years ago..

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ox was really good tonight I thought. Hopefully the injury he picked up isn't serious.
"A concerned Roy Hodgson on Oxlade-Chamberlain, 'we have our fears there might be some ligament damage'. Scan required for knee."

Worrying news.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought Jones played well, but was let down badly by the inept Smalling.

Lampard was poor, and I'm not convinced on Henderson. Roy missed a trick not selecting Gareth Barry to partner Stevie G in my view.

Antony Moxey

Of those who played last night only Ox and Barkley would step into the side that played Peru, although it's difficult to see who to drop with Welbeck to fit them in. Henderson I suppose. What we did find out last night was how much lack of depth we have in defence if the preferred first four aren't available, and that Wilshire needs to go back to playing football again instead of believing all the hype he read about himself when he was out injured. Rather like Welbeck, it's not a good run if you progress forty yards and beat four people yet end up on the floor at the end of it with the opposition counter-attacking in numbers because you forgot to pass the ball. Oh, and Stirling needs to grow up a bit too.

Poor showing last night: lots of potential, very little sign of any of it being realised.

Grecian_Jay

I thought Sterling showed plenty of maturity. He could have easily got wound up when being attacked by Valencia. Hr made a grrat tackle and Valencia jumped up and grabbed him by the throat and slapped him. Sterling did nothing wrong at all.