• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Any more news on Brazil?

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why would I know who pays for what? All I care about is my dosh! So now we will get endless posts tearing the **** out of the word OFFICIAL. Just accept you and others are way out of order and hold your hands up like the man you aint! (rofl) Laughing all the way to Rio (rofl)
Unlike you it would appear, I was always confident a game of sorts would take place...the economic implications of not doing so would have closed the club...The issue has always been what sort of game, against whom and who is going to pick up the tab?...Enjoy your trip to Rio but be careful which Posta you lay your towel down on Copacabana :)

Last edited:

Chuckles

Why would I know who pays for what? All I care about is my dosh! So now we will get endless posts tearing the **** out of the word OFFICIAL. Just accept you and others are way out of order and hold your hands up like the man you aint! (rofl) Laughing all the way to Rio (rofl)
Butch, I am happy official confirmation of a game has finally been released for you and all the others who have put up your hard earned cash. I know you didn't doubt it, but I was sceptical and although I didn't doubt the Club's commitment to the trip, I did question the Brazilian commitment to the game. I have been to Rio, stayed in a secure 4 star Hotel on Ipanema beach, for a Bank (now owned by the Saudi's). Would I go back, no, however it is a City that has to be seen and the memories will be good ones. You do need to be wary of everybody though if you are in small groups and away from the heavily policed tourist areas, simply because drugs are rife and severe poverty just a street away....having said all this, for the streetwise Rio is as safe as any major City, providing you don't stand out and you don't look like a wealthy tourist. Oh yeah, the 6 ft, big breasted Amazonian dancing girl that invites you on stage and grates in front of you....is not always female!!

Happy to hold hands up and wish you a good trip.....I was wrong

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
I dunno about no details malcs. It says there'll be a commemorative game on the 20th. As for it not being an "official" game (and this is just a google translation), I'm taking that to mean it is a friendly, rather than a FIFA sanctioned match what will affect either teams continental co-efficient!!

LL

butch

Butch, I am happy official confirmation of a game has finally been released for you and all the others who have put up your hard earned cash. I know you didn't doubt it, but I was sceptical and although I didn't doubt the Club's commitment to the trip, I did question the Brazilian commitment to the game. I have been to Rio, stayed in a secure 4 star Hotel on Ipanema beach, for a Bank (now owned by the Saudi's). Would I go back, no, however it is a City that has to be seen and the memories will be good ones. You do need to be wary of everybody though if you are in small groups and away from the heavily policed tourist areas, simply because drugs are rife and severe poverty just a street away....having said all this, for the streetwise Rio is as safe as any major City, providing you don't stand out and you don't look like a wealthy tourist. Oh yeah, the 6 ft, big breasted Amazonian dancing girl that invites you on stage and grates in front of you....is not always female!!

Happy to hold hands up and wish you a good trip.....I was wrong
Thanks, (y) I have been to some rough city's around the world, never had no problems and am pretty streetwise, being 6ft 4ins and 20 stone probably helps.

butch

I dunno about no details malcs. It says there'll be a commemorative game on the 20th. As for it not being an "official" game (and this is just a google translation), I'm taking that to mean it is a friendly, rather than a FIFA sanctioned match what will affect either teams continental co-efficient!!

LL
It also says.......... more details to follow. Maybe ticket details for you and JOHN?

malcolms

LL
My Iberian is good enough not to need the Google version and it translate correctly as details being released soon and the event not being an official game. Now I have no idea what it ultimately means and this is the issue along with who is going to pick up the tab for the players and staff...

contrabombarde

Thanks, (y) I have been to some rough city's around the world, never had no problems and am pretty streetwise, being 6ft 4ins and 20 stone probably helps.
Which loosely translates into......... I have been to Lundy and the Scillies. I never go outside after dark being 5ft 4ins and 10 stone............Joking apart Butch I wish you well and hope you all have a great time. We're all jealous really.

Last edited:

Avening Posse

Sounds like really positive news on this, I hope everybody who goes has a great time, I really wanted to go myself and still haven't completely given up hope, I for one am happy to put aside all the "who is paying", "is it their reserves" stuff, as from a "we the fans" perspective it promises lifetime memories and a really good crack...

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really pleased to hear the match is going ahead. Hope everyone that attends has a great time.

flakey pasty

Can't wait for lashings of Humble Pie to be offered on these boards from all the old miserablists.
Yum yum!