• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Jones

wiveygrecian

Thats got to be one of the worse goalkeeping displays i have seen at City in my 30 years of following them.
Decision making poor, punching poor,coming for crosses poor, kicking poor.
How many saves did he have to make apart from the 4 goals, hardly any.
I'd like to see him dropped on tuesday. He was a clown today no doubt about it.
Some will say we have had far worse goalies and dont get me wrong we have but today his allround game was terrible for nearly all the 90 minutes.
Wel ldone for the 2 penalty saves, i think my gran would have saved the first one mind, but all to little too late.
Game was over by then.
Give Artur a go and see how he does.
By the way Jamie Cureton is top quality!

dommers

Give Artur a go and see how he does.
By the way Jamie Cureton is top quality!
I wouldn't disagree with that, although a lot round me thought Cureton was inept having missed so many chances.

samwise

If a goalkeeper is getting marked by anyone then he needs to take a good look at himself. If you're a goalkeeper and you're being marked while the ball is coming anywhere near the penalty area, you should knock the f***er out the way and catch/punch the ball, whoever it is.

Citysupporter2099

Time for a change, give this lad Artur a chance.

kpecfc10

Jones was at fault for 3 goals today, obviously. But our defence has been sh1te all season. Scored loads of goals, yet our goal difference is still a minus. Troy looks very dodgy as well, and the communication (or lack of) between him and Jones is like watching an under 12's side at times.

Taylor has been a far bigger loss than he should have been. As good as he is, he is only one centre-half. Someone should have stepped up. Or if no one is capable of stepping up, then maybe someone should have been brought in who perhaps could.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think today Jones was poor but overall this season i think hes been very good...

Mistakes will always happen with Gks... But Today 2 of the 4 goals where his fault... the 3rd goal was shocking from the whole defence.

Loggeron73

If I had 50K I wouldn't have spent it on a defensi
Drop Jones immediately. He was useless today and should have been taken off after 5 minutes

Stuart Storer's Tache

I hope some of the posts regarding subbing Jones are wind ups! I know Tis is a maverick but even he wouldn't do that.

The pen saves will restore some of his already fragile confidence. Listening to Tis on Radio Devon it sounds like there will changes on Tuesday so there is a good chance Jones will be one of them.

Cowshed Life

I think the under-lying issue is Tisdale had his best season for signings, plenty of quality has come in but another centre half should been on the list. We have been left short with Matt Taylor out for the forsealbe future I'm a little worried with Brighton on Tuesday who are a different class and Plymuff in the JPT who have BWP banging them in a change or two are required...

ecfctis

All things Jones were crap today, but as well as that the rest of the defence was'nt that good either. As far as GK performances go P Jones put in as inept a performance in goal that you could wish to see. As a consequence his value has plumeted, and he should be taken out of the first team and given some gentle rest and built up again. Now I feel sorry for him, BUT, for his own good he needs some attention out of the first team limelight.
Again we had the better of things in the first half and should have gone in 3-1 up, but once again we are too flippant and generous to the opposition. Brentford were not particularly better than us, but they've gone home with four goals in the bag and 3 give away points. WHEN are we going to learn to see off sides thatare no better than us. This result will probably cost city more than they realise.
I did forecast this in my matchday post, but it was even more pathetic than that!! Come on Tisdale you have got to start earning your money again, bad days at the office are too regular at the moment. Sort it out.