• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Jones

Newtonpop

OK he didn't play well today. ( I wasn't there ) But there are 11 player's on the pitch and not many keeper's have saved 2 pens in the same game, apart from cup game's that have gone to pens.

happygrecian

Trouble is that he'd already cost us the game, so saving the penalties saved nothing but a little of his own pride.

dommers

so saving the penalties saved nothing but a little of his own pride.
I doubt it did that. I'm sure he knew he'd plated badly.

GrecianGav

The thing that baffles me the most is that even though Jones has made a few mistakes this season already Tis has stuck by him and not given Artur a chance, Yet last season as soon as any errors were made Marriott was brought in straight away and made a total of 13 League Appearances for us last yet so why is it taking so long for Tis to make a change when its been clear for weeks that we have needed one?

The Defence have no confidence in him and his kicking and communication are slight awful, Sure as we have a Goalkeeping Coach he should be practicing the basics during the week of keeping a ball on the pitch!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
TMarriott was brought in straight away and made a total of 13 League Appearances for us last
Jones was injured and had an operation. Its why we had Oscar in for a short while.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jonah had a shocker today, he didn't command his box, nor did he communicate. Great saves for both the pens, especially the last one and the pressure that was put there. But I am very concerned, the defense wasn't very good to be fair. I'm hoping we do better on Tuesday for the fact we play better against the teams above us, but we shall see.

DevonSent

Not a good day for Jones but the penalty saves and the follow up saves from the second one were brilliant.

ForeverECFC

What i dont understand is why he's making more errors for communication than he did back in League Two when he was Player of the Season?

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
What i dont understand is why he's making more errors for communication than he did back in League Two when he was Player of the Season?
What does that have to do with anything? Really?

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
Trouble is that he'd already cost us the game, so saving the penalties saved nothing but a little of his own pride.
Exactly, we were long f*cked before he got lucky by guessing the two penalties.

Another three points he's thrown away.