• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Paul Jones

newburygrecian

Maybe, but he was very good today. Commanded his area, a couple of cracking saves and only shanked a couple of kicks.

Ecfc_4_Life

Maybe, but he was very good today. Commanded his area, a couple of cracking saves and only shanked a couple of kicks.
Was it more the defenders & co? or just a plain bad performance?

newburygrecian

Lucky first, caught on the break for the second, quality third, inevitable fourth. The midfield did lack bite in the absence of Dunne though.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was it more the defenders & co? or just a plain bad performance?
Or was it the fact we played a top quality team in good form? Why is there always someone to blame?

Southampton are a much much better side than us and will win the league, no shame in losing 4-0 to them.

Ecfc_4_Life

Or was it the fact we played a top quality team in good form? Why is there always someone to blame?

Southampton are a much much better side than us and will win the league, no shame in losing 4-0 to them.
I Suppose :/

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Why did the defenders keep passing back to him? No good came of it.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster

A good point. When a 'keeper thumps the ball upfield more often than not he's kicking away possession.

dommers

Probably because there are no players free to pass the ball forward and it saves them having to kick the ball away and someone else can get the blame for losing possession

foxy jim

I was at the game today. other then a few miss kicks. Jones had a great game. Cant see any other league one or championship keeper doing better then he did . At no fault for any of the goals. and must of pulled off at least 6 top draw stops. He is the best keeper at the club.