• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Worst Ever Performance

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Didn't we lose 6-1 at-home to Chesterfield?
I guess we didn't play too well that day.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I've seen some really entertaining 0-0s. But I've also suffered many dire 0-0s, where I'd wished I'd bought a book to read.

InMyBlood

What year was it when we lost to Millwall. Stayed to play their reserves and lost to them too?

Colesman Ballz

The reverse fixture at Underhill was just as bad a few weeks before.
Barnet were bottom of the division by a mile & the Grecians lost 2-1 iirc(both teams relegated unsurprisingly eventually)
What I do remember vividly was the stick the players got at full time when they came over to acknowledge the travelling support..No happy clappers in those days if it was abysmal..The whole sorry trip was finished off with the coach breaking down on the M4 & filling up with smoke.
Got back at about 0500 in work at 0800..Those were the days :D
That one sticks in my mind too, the first match that I ever booed City off as well. Have tried to erase it from my memory. Was that the game when we had a Scottish right winger making his debut and scoring our goal, although he didn't go on to "pull up many trees" for us ? Living in London in those days, Underhill was a "home" match for me so I didn't suffer a long and painful trip home fortunately.

andrew p long

The 6:3 defeat at WestBrom at the beginning of 91/92 has got to be right up there...we were truly awful that day and our three goals certainly flattered us...in-fact the whole of August was pretty horrific that year but credit to Bally for sorting it out as quick as he did.
Is that the season that we conceded six in two games running...? That was really up there in the dreadful performance stakes.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Is that the season that we conceded six in two games running...? That was really up there in the dreadful performance stakes.
Twice in the first three games, I think it was - Shrewsbury (1-6) I believe was the third match. In between was another defeat, I think 1-2 at home to Brentford?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
The 6:3 defeat at WestBrom at the beginning of 91/92 has got to be right up there...we were truly awful that day and our three goals certainly flattered us...in-fact the whole of August was pretty horrific that year but credit to Bally for sorting it out as quick as he did.
One of my few trips away, first match of the season, West Brom just relegated I think, quick trip up the motorway, full of optimism, quickly shattered

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
One of my few trips away, first match of the season, West Brom just relegated I think, quick trip up the motorway, full of optimism, quickly shattered
I wasn't at the match, and was oblivious to the scoreline (we didn't have Teletext) - when Final Score started their headlines included "...and West Brom have scored 6 in their first ever match in the 3rd division". Ouch.

Oldsmobile-88

That one sticks in my mind too, the first match that I ever booed City off as well. Have tried to erase it from my memory. Was that the game when we had a Scottish right winger making his debut and scoring our goal, although he didn't go on to "pull up many trees" for us ? Living in London in those days, Underhill was a "home" match for me so I didn't suffer a long and painful trip home fortunately.
I remember the game with the Scottish winger making his debut & scoring(his name escapes me)That was a few seasons later..98/99 iirc

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I remember the game with the Scottish winger making his debut & scoring(his name escapes me)That was a few seasons later..98/99 iirc
Jimmy Gardner?