• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Worst Ever Performance

paperclip

Do you remember Mark Cooper giving us two fingers at halftime & David Fairclough was sat near us as I think he had just signed for Wigan
I can remember the players weren't impressed with the reception they got from the City fans, just as the City fans present, having travelled over 200 miles to get to such a shithole of a ground, were in no way impressed by the 'effort' most of the players put in that day.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wouldn't this utterly depressing thread be far better relocated in the Exeter City Memories section ? Just saying like ! :(

Leads

It is really hard to say, worst ever performance, I can only judge by games I saw or attended.

I would say a 2-5 home defeat to Kidderminster in 2002/03 season would rank as one of the worst games I Have ever been too

Honourable mentions

Chesterfield 6-1 at SJP
Curzon Ashton away
Canvey Island at home in the conference 0-2
The strange thing is, two of those games came in one of our best ever seasons! I remember the Caney Island game too, that was probably one of the worst for me.

grecianstew

The Canvey Island game is still the only game in 60 yrs of watching City where I have left before the end. Mind you, I may well have drowned if I had stayed!

Walton and Hersham away in the FA Cup early 70s comes to mind, though I had the fortune of being able to pull out of the trip the day before.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep,remember that,though it was 1983..Went to Orient a week later & there was a improvement we only lost 5-1..:D Shipped some goals that season(100+) thought scored loads too(80+)
Yes 23rd April we were totally outplayed and it was probably the worst I have ever felt after watching a City defeat.