• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What has happened?.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
You are absolutely right. When I moved from Plymouth to Exeter, my eyes found it hard to take in the splendour. I walked through Cowick St with it Renaissance architecture and couldn't believe the stylish retail outlets of Sidwell Street. It was like I had arrived at a cross between Belgravia and Knightsbridge. The experience was only to be enhanced when I visited the local soccer stadium. As a non exonian and not owning a pair of chinos I felt obliged to go in the end for the away chaps. Suffice to say I was taken aback by the comfort and facilities it offered. The afternoon was rounded off by the most excellent soccer match. The match was very one sided though and the home team took quite a beating.

Still I was so relieved I had left behind my home town with its table-topping team, its Michelin restaurants, the hoe, barbican, the moors, stunning theatre etc.

At least I was now in a city eith its world class rugby team at its heart.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year Greeks.
Well five(ish) out of six ain't bad, would have thought it a good chance to put one over on Wycombe and Akinfenwah in particular!:D

felix

Well five(ish) out of six ain't bad, would have thought it a good chance to put one over on Wycombe and Akinfenwah in particular!:D
Akinfatwa was a menace today, we couldn't handle him. Really enjoyed him. Responded to 'one more pasty and you're dead' by lifting his shirt up to the demport and patting his belly, got a big cheer for that.

Such a clever ( cheating) player. Was a very good game in front of 12k.

Colesman Ballz

3-1 up and then got given a right old "Beasting" apparently ! Couldn't make it up could you !

Avening Posse

You are absolutely right. When I moved from Plymouth to Exeter, my eyes found it hard to take in the splendour. I walked through Cowick St with it Renaissance architecture and couldn't believe the stylish retail outlets of Sidwell Street. It was like I had arrived at a cross between Belgravia and Knightsbridge. The experience was only to be enhanced when I visited the local soccer stadium. As a non exonian and not owning a pair of chinos I felt obliged to go in the end for the away chaps. Suffice to say I was taken aback by the comfort and facilities it offered. The afternoon was rounded off by the most excellent soccer match. The match was very one sided though and the home team took quite a beating.

Still I was so relieved I had left behind my home town with its table-topping team, its Michelin restaurants, the hoe, barbican, the moors, stunning theatre etc.

At least I was now in a city eith its world class rugby team at its heart.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year Greeks.
Using the vending machine in the waiting room when getting your tyres changed doesn't really count