• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

What has happened?.

graiser

Well if you consider Weatherspoons to be good then I suppose that tells us all we need to know about Plymouth pubs (or just you of course).
And a Very Merry Christmas to you as well

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well if you consider Weatherspoons to be good then I suppose that tells us all we need to know about Plymouth pubs (or just you of course).
Oi, don't diss georges Meeting House. Tis a fine establishment.

Mind you we have 4 Greggs and Plymouth have none. Oh, and a John Lewis .Ho Ho Ho. :D

Colesman Ballz

Mind you we have 4 Greggs and Plymouth have none. Oh, and a John Lewis .Ho Ho Ho. :D
Don't forget an IKEA arriving in 2017 ! Of course Plymouth do still have an Ivor Dewdneys, if you like your Kitty Kat served up warm ! (puke)

rp42

Don't forget an IKEA arriving in 2017 ! Of course Plymouth do still have an Ivor Dewdneys, if you like your Kitty Kat served up warm ! (puke)
Don't forget an airport........What BIG City has No airport;)

graiser

Never understood the fettish for John Lewis, cross between Debenhams and HOF, and your HOF is a bag of carp

graiser

Don't forget an airport........What BIG City has No airport;)
Sheffield for starters, over half a million population

Colesman Ballz

Sheffield for starters, over half a million population
Yeah, Sheffield City Airport seems a bit like yours, with Great BIG WHITE CROSSES painted on the runway. I do like the name of the road running parallel to the runway on the north side - "Letsby Avenue" (I kid you not Grais !).

Seems Sheffield has taken to "sharing" little old Doncaster's Robin Hood Airport these days, and the name has been changed accordingly.

Grecian2K

Don't forget our connection to the motorway network too?

I've heard it said Scumothians actually take their kids on special outings to EXETER services, just so they can see what BLUE roadsigns look like.

felix

Don't forget our connection to the motorway network too?

I've heard it said Scumothians actually take their kids on special outings to EXETER services, just so they can see what BLUE roadsigns look like.
You are absolutely right. When I moved from Plymouth to Exeter, my eyes found it hard to take in the splendour. I walked through Cowick St with it Renaissance architecture and couldn't believe the stylish retail outlets of Sidwell Street. It was like I had arrived at a cross between Belgravia and Knightsbridge. The experience was only to be enhanced when I visited the local soccer stadium. As a non exonian and not owning a pair of chinos I felt obliged to go in the end for the away chaps. Suffice to say I was taken aback by the comfort and facilities it offered. The afternoon was rounded off by the most excellent soccer match. The match was very one sided though and the home team took quite a beating.

Still I was so relieved I had left behind my home town with its table-topping team, its Michelin restaurants, the hoe, barbican, the moors, stunning theatre etc.

At least I was now in a city eith its world class rugby team at its heart.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year Greeks.

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

You are absolutely right. When I moved from Plymouth to Exeter, my eyes found it hard to take in the splendour. I walked through Cowick St with it Renaissance architecture and couldn't believe the stylish retail outlets of Sidwell Street. It was like I had arrived at a cross between Belgravia and Knightsbridge. The experience was only to be enhanced when I visited the local soccer stadium. As a non exonian and not owning a pair of chinos I felt obliged to go in the end for the away chaps. Suffice to say I was taken aback by the comfort and facilities it offered. The afternoon was rounded off by the most excellent soccer match. The match was very one sided though and the home team took quite a beating.

Still I was so relieved I had left behind my home town with its table-topping team, its Michelin restaurants, the hoe, barbican, the moors, stunning theatre etc.

At least I was now in a city eith its world class rugby team at its heart.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year Greeks.
Ouch.

You forgot to mention our finest Rococo nightclub.

Season's beatings, sorry greetings, to you.