• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thats a pretty good available space. Hopefully it'll all be used sensibly, and the terracing will be put where that useless running track was laid?
What running track?

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Isnt that going to take up one hell of a lot of space? All of the above behind the away stand? I never envisaged that.
The terrace is going to cover about the first half of the space, it is about the size of torquays away end. You could fit in something around twice the size if the money was there but it would be much more expensive as you would probably need multiple entrances and exits and space underneath to house the toilets and refreshments. If we can even afford that they will simply take down the terrace and sell it on and replace the whole lot.

PeteUSA

What running track?
Like you didn't know Antony; that 15+ foot wide strip of tarmac that was laid behind the goal at the St James Road end.

geoffwp

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the dog track at the old county ground Pete? :)

PeteUSA

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the dog track at the old county ground Pete? :)
No, this bit was definitely straight, and ran the width of the pitch. I have no clue what its intended use was, but I'm sure it came in handy for a bit of sprinting and the like. Dont say I imagined it? It head a gert big white permanent looking iron rail alongside it.

iscalad

What running track?
I think he means the walkway. (facepalm)

PeteUSA

I think he means the walkway. (facepalm)
I'm sorry to cause you exasperation. Its a f*****g big walkway just to allow the visiting team players and the officials to use it; dontcha think?

Antony Moxey

Like you didn't know Antony; that 15+ foot wide strip of tarmac that was laid behind the goal at the St James Road end.
Of course I knew there was a walkway whose purpose was to reduce congestion behind the goal by allowing fans to go round and get towards the OG side of the away end, I'd just never heard or seen mention of it ever being referred to a running track.

iscalad

I'm sorry to cause you exasperation. Its a f*****g big walkway just to allow the visiting team players and the officials to use it; dontcha think?
You could actually drive an ambulance along there.

iscalad