• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
You've misread the joke. The butt of the joke, surely, is the group of people who say we have too many health and safety rules nowadays.
Bring back Tony Hancock.

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

As I said in my post 31 earlier all part of the foundation and groundwork design......saved a considerable amount of money.
Yep, saw that after I'd replied!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The away end has gone! This on Twitter from Julian Tagg

Last edited:

PeteUSA

The away end has gone! his on Twitter from Julian Tagg

Thats a pretty good available space. Hopefully it'll all be used sensibly, and the terracing will be put where that useless running track was laid?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
You've misread the joke. The butt of the joke, surely, is the group of people who say we have too many health and safety rules nowadays.
Bring back Tony Hancock.
Mike I am one of the first make a joke on the misuse of the Elf and Safety Act but in this instance I have not misread the joke (for what it was) perhaps I feel so strongly because I have seen the affect of and lost a very good friend and colleague from asbestosis.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Thats a pretty good available space. Hopefully it'll all be used sensibly, and the terracing will be put where that useless running track was laid?
Yes I believe the terrace is going at the front and there will be a gap behind which will be toilets and refreshments outlet.

PeteUSA

...But in this instance I have not misread the joke (for what it was) perhaps I feel so strongly because I have seen the affect of and lost a very good friend and colleague from asbestosis.
I certainly take the topic of asbestosis seriously. Back in 1965/66 I worked at Wilson & Sons at Polsloe Bridge, and part of my job was to cut 8'x4' sheets of asbestos into strips over a circular saw bench, into strips the size a customer wanted; and I never wore a mask! After doing that, I was absolutely white with the dust, and could barely see through a cloud of the stuff! That was over 50 years ago, and so far no symptoms. Hopefully I'm beyond the point where the desease starts up, but its still very much fingers crossed!

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Bit of asbestos dust never did me any harm.
Were you involved with asbestos in a big way old bean? And how long ago was it?

Colesman Ballz

Yes I believe the terrace is going at the front and there will be a gap behind which will be toilets and refreshments outlet.
The last plans that I saw (at the public exhibition) showed the toilets and refreshments backing on to the new away stand facing St James Rd. I would be a little happier if they faced the pitch, and were located against the perimeter fence. That way if and when, a larger stand is created, they would be automatically in the right place under that new stand in a covered enclosure, with no added expense of installing new drainage and other service runs. A simple change that should would cost practically nothing now, but could save some money in the long term.

PeteUSA

The last plans that I saw (at the public exhibition) showed the toilets and refreshments backing on to the new away stand facing St James Rd.
Isnt that going to take up one hell of a lot of space? All of the above behind the away stand? I never envisaged that.