• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

Andy Holloway

Toilet should be grade 1 listed
If you mean the old away end toilet blocks, they went a couple of years ago, but can still be seen in a yard next to the Hele railway crossing. If it's the old WW2 gents urinal, that went many, many, many years ago and all that was left and has been visible was the 'back splash', part of which is still there should you feel the need....!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you mean the old away end toilet blocks, they went a couple of years ago, but can still be seen in a yard next to the Hele railway crossing. If it's the old WW2 gents urinal, that went many, many, many years ago and all that was left and has been visible was the 'back splash', part of which is still there should you feel the need....!
PeteUSA is the expert on this

Andy Holloway

PeteUSA is the expert on this
I think he remembers using it in it's hayday when he really should have been watching for mistakes by the away the keeper!

PeteUSA

I think he remembers using it in it's hayday when he really should have been watching for mistakes by the away the keeper!
No, I never used it, but I imagine the American troops who commandeered the ground during the war gave it a bashing, particularly after having had a skinfull at the Long Bar or The Elephant! (Sorry father, if you're looking down!:rolleyes:)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
SJP today, from Andy_H

iscalad

SJP today, from Andy_H

Ice covers being put on as a precaution

Andy_H

Ice covers being put on as a precaution
Charlie and his 'gang' arrived just as i was leaving, they gave the pitch a 'short back & sides' plus 'something for the weekend sir?' In this case it was the frost covers, but still 'protection'!

Andy_H

Charlie and his 'gang' arrived just as i was leaving, they gave the pitch a 'short back & sides' plus 'something for the weekend sir?' In this case it was the frost covers, but still 'protection'!
You've obviously got to be of a 'certain age' to appreciate this post.

Rosencrantz

You've obviously got to be of a 'certain age' to appreciate this post.

Squeezebox

Yay, another Divine Comedy fan!