• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The National League (Conference) and non league football thread

les.gtfc

Re: The Conference thread

Whilst I'd not wish this on any club (barring The person Franchise Scum) isn't there some irony that the club formed by Max Griggs and his DM empire are booted out of the league!

At least I'll get a chance to go to Southport now as last seasons game was postponed during the awful weather in December and when it was rearranged for a Tuesday evening in March I couldn't make it.

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster

Whilst I'd not wish this on any club (barring The person Franchise Scum) isn't there some irony that the club formed by Max Griggs and his DM empire are booted out of the league!

At least I'll get a chance to go to Southport now as last seasons game was postponed during the awful weather in December and when it was rearranged for a Tuesday evening in March I couldn't make it.
I liked southport, nice place with open terracing and we won 3-0, my mate stroked a girl in the pub up there, weird day

Grecian2K

There were problems paying staff/players at Nene Park from Jan onwards.......
So how come the f*cking scummers are still being allowed to 'grace' the L2 fixture list next Friday then? :S :(

Oldsmobile-88

So how come the f*cking scummers are still being allowed to 'grace' the L2 fixture list next Friday then? :S :(
Perhaps that senaio may happen in the FL in the future...It will certainly make clubs think alot more carefully...Though i doubt it will ever get voted in at the AGM,too many clubs could fall foul of it..Turkeys do not vote for Christmas..(no pun intended..:D)..

Barry Hearn proposed that any club going into admin,should automatically get relegated.Unsurprisingly L2 & some L1 clubs voted against it.

Oldsmobile-88

I liked southport, nice place with open terracing and we won 3-0, my mate stroked a girl in the pub up there, weird day
City Casual had a 'pretty boy' giving him the eye in a pub the next season up there..:D...

Oldsmobile-88

Weren't they trust run, but they gave it up, as they couldn't deal with all the work?
It just goes to show how quickly things can turn around..I believe Mr DM left the club in 2005,debt free & with one of the best stadiums in L2/Conf....

Thats the merger with Kettering up the swanee then....

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

The county court have given Rushden and Diamonds a 21 day reprieve.

There might be a Japanese based investor coming in to save them. Honest. *-)

Oldsmobile-88

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-13776435

FGR lead the way......No bullsh*t....:D...

les.gtfc

That's nothing new Olds, we've been covering Blundell Park with sh*t for ages now.

les.gtfc

We've just signed the BSN's top scorer from last season Liam Hearn from Alfreton for an undisclosed fee on a 3-year contract. Apparently beating of interest from Luton and Fleetwood for his signature.

Hopefully he's going to be a partner for Alan Connell rather than a replacement though.