• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The half a million pound question

MrTis

None of which is an excuse for why we seem to be able to win away but struggle to at home. Penny needs to drop that the more money we make by doing well on the pitch, then the more the club can improve with the right running.
I bet Tis is wetting himself (rofl)

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
thank you for adding to the subject matter :S

MrTis

thank you for adding to the subject matter :S
No probs :p

DanceMagnet

I wish i could draw the graphs tisdale used

basically the top 6 were around the 1.75 and we were 1.1m with the bottom 12.. it kinda pans out amongst that lower group
So why the massive squad? That's not getting £1.50 value for every £1 you spend.

richard_portland

The silver lining is of course if we spend it on something tangible, it won't go to Tisdale to squander it.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Team please. Need to get people through the gates following successful seasons, we'll then have the money.

If we were planning on an indoor facility then I can see the logic of further development.

My kid trained on 3g, the pitches they played on a Sunday were never like the 3g, so mostly pointless training.

richard_portland

So why the massive squad? That's not getting £1.50 value for every £1 you spend.
This is why it wasn't allowed to ask questions tonight, it wouldn't have looked good if the graphs had failed to stand up to scrutiny. If they are water tight it won't be a problem to share them.

Avening Posse

I'd invest in the infrastructure, it will improve the fitness of whatever players we have, and will do it year in and year out, and when Tis and whoever follows Tis,and whoever follows him have long gone. Fitter footballers assuming the ability being equal will earn more points, and that ought to improve the team and bring back more punters, its got to be better than risking it on players now, opportunities to improve infrastructure don't come along very often for us

IndoMike

Tisdale said tonight that the club are in the process of spending 500k on a 3G pitch at the cat and fiddle which would help with training and the academy (Tisdale reported he was unable to train the team for three months last year at the C&F)

so the question is...

Should we spent the cash on the playing budget

or

Spend it wisely with paying for a 3G pitch....
Your question is loaded. "Spend it on players or spend it "wisely" on a 3g pitch?"Typical Lez.

dontpassback

How about spending it wisely on players,instead of injury prone aged journeymen !