• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The half a million pound question

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
And that's the difference between us and the top 6 playing budgets in the league

We could be at the bottom end of the top 6 payers with that money but in reality we are just above the bottom 6!!!

It's incredible really.. The facts were there tonight in black and white
Care to share Lez, guessing it's not classified information. If there is a league table of income which can be shared , and it shows we are a long way away from the top ten of the division then I would cut the club more slack. Can't see a problem sharing that if it helps people understand. I think that if Tisdale can do it once it shouldn't be beyond him to at least get close again.

In addition, are we using the full 55% allowed of turnover for our playing budget. With the grimes money and cup windfalls and Nichols tf cash, although some of it is going into other areas, our turnover for a couple of years at least should be more than it usually is.

When the trust put out some figures a couple of years back which was before this info the figure for football wages was 1.267m I think from memory and that wasn't 55% of the total figure given for our income.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
The team - simple.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Care to share Lez, guessing it's not classified information. If there is a league table of income which can be shared , and it shows we are a long way away from the top ten of the division then I would cut the club more slack. Can't see a problem sharing that if it helps people understand. I think that if Tisdale can do it once it shouldn't be beyond him to at least get close again.

In addition, are we using the full 55% allowed of turnover for our playing budget. With the grimes money and cup windfalls and Nichols tf cash, although some of it is going into other areas, our turnover for a couple of years at least should be more than it usually is.

When the trust put out some figures a couple of years back which was before this info the figure for football wages was 1.267m I think from memory and that wasn't 55% of the total figure given for our income.
I wish i could draw the graphs tisdale used

basically the top 6 were around the 1.75 and we were 1.1m with the bottom 12.. it kinda pans out amongst that lower group

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
The team - simple.
Do a Yeovil?? well done mate

DanceMagnet

That is not quite true.. most of the time they have been training inside a facility in Newton abbot about the size of a tennis court.. he told us that tonight.

I believe they got a 1 and half hour slot occasionally at the Uni.. and it wasn't on the Muga (rubber crumb) pitch either all the time.
So that was a choice then. I've seen them at the Uni often enough over a period of years. The 3G and the MUGA are different pitches, and there is also a rugby pitch.

They last about 8-10 years in which you set aside 25k a year so when they "need recarpeting" the fund will be there to do it
I thought there was also an annual maintenance requirement of the order of about £18k per year which would be another £180k over 10 years. I'm not sure if that would be covered by any "recarpeting" fund.

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Do a Yeovil?? well done mate
You asked a question - and then are critical when someone gives an answer ?

Well done mate

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unbelievable!!! Words just fail me with you RW
Why? When you've had cancer one tends to take the subject seriously.

When there is no control over things like aspartame in drinks then I'm sure there will be little control over what's in tyres coming a host of producing countries.

richard_portland

I wish i could draw the graphs tisdale used

basically the top 6 were around the 1.75 and we were 1.1m with the bottom 12.. it kinda pans out amongst that lower group
If the club are happy to use those graphs then they should be happy to put them up on line. It should be info for all fans, not some. And before some smart Alec says that I could have gone, yes I could but can't justify going to Exeter midweek to listen to Tisdale. Am happy to be convinced, but need the facts.

You mentioned 1.1m which goes back to my last post. Trust quoted 1.2plus a couple of years ago and our income has grown since then. Plus Tisdale has also been quoted as saying how he is happy we are healthy.

richard_portland

None of which is an excuse for why we seem to be able to win away but struggle to at home. Penny needs to drop that the more money we make by doing well on the pitch, then the more the club can improve with the right running.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Why? When you've had cancer one tends to take the subject seriously.

When there is no control over things like aspartame in drinks then I'm sure there will be little control over what's in tyres coming a host of producing countries.
Seeing my mother die from her body pickled in inoperable cancer writhing in pain is as close to one gets without having it.. I take it very seriously.. But you have kinda took it off topic and there is no evidence that aspartame will do more damage than actually eating sugar.. In fact eating more sugar is now been proven to be the silent killer!!
But lets stay on topic please..