• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The half a million pound question

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Tisdale said tonight that the club are in the process of spending 500k on a 3G pitch at the cat and fiddle which would help with training and the academy (Tisdale reported he was unable to train the team for three months last year at the C&F)

so the question is...

Should we spent the cash on the playing budget

or

Spend it wisely with paying for a 3G pitch....

Last edited:

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
3G pitch for me - investing the windfall in the future rather than spunking it on mediocre players.

MrTis

3G pitch for me - investing the windfall in the future rather than spunking it on mediocre players.
Spot on invest in the future (y)

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I think the 3G pitch is probably a valuable asset, however it doesn't solve all the problems. Will help us to train in most weathers, but won't replicate the pitches we will be playing on during the winter months if we try to play as if we are on a 3G surface.

Of course moving forwards the aim needs to be increasing our home gates, and trying to regularly progress in the cups so that we can regularly get more income to increase playing budget.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster

Swanaldo

The players shouldn't be mucking about on their phones instead of training.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
And that's the difference between us and the top 6 playing budgets in the league

We could be at the bottom end of the top 6 payers with that money but in reality we are just above the bottom 6!!!

It's incredible really.. The facts were there tonight in black and white

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Unbelievable!!! Words just fail me with you RW

I must add that "unbelievable Jeff" emoji sometime soon

DanceMagnet

Tisdale reported he was unable to train the team for three months last year at the C&F
No, but they have been able to use the university's 3G pitch. I'm not sure what the lifetime of a 3G pitch is, and the average cost per year for that, but the amount should certainly cover the rental of the university pitch when needed, I would have thought, and leave a lot left over.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
No, but they have been able to use the university's 3G pitch. I'm not sure what the lifetime of a 3G pitch is, and the average cost per year for that, but the amount should certainly cover the rental of the university pitch when needed, I would have thought, and leave a lot left over.
That is not quite true.. most of the time they have been training inside a facility in Newton abbot about the size of a tennis court.. he told us that tonight.

I believe they got a 1 and half hour slot occasionally at the Uni.. and it wasn't on the Muga (rubber crumb) pitch either all the time.

They last about 8-10 years in which you set aside 25k a year so when they "need recarpeting" the fund will be there to do it

Last edited: