• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The End of Season Run In

DPR1901

The only team we have a chance of catching is Wycombe but it's not in our hands.
Disagree. Mathematically you're correct, however if we win every game we'll, without question, be promoted. Therefore it's very much in our hands.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Playoffs pretty much done by the looks - Accrington away is naturally the toughest of the remaining games to play...

You would fancy we could win 4 of the remainding 6 , but I don't think we will get top 3.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Disagree. Mathematically you're correct, however if we win every game we'll, without question, be promoted. Therefore it's very much in our hands.
I think if we win every game we would probably be promoted, but it isn't without question.

I think the chances of us dropping some points are pretty likely, but we can do no more than try to win each match. We should imo approach games as positively as possible and be willing to risk losing in pursuit of victories.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
No it isn't - we could get 87 points if we win all 6 games....which won't be enough if everyone will does the same....

If Wycombe won all remaining 5 games they will have 89...and Luton same scenario will have 92....meaning playoffs are the best we can hope for....

We won't win all 6 , we will lose and draw at least a couple of those games based on the form this season we lose 1 in 3 games so 4 wins is very unlikely to be enough for automatic promotion

DPR1901

What I'm saying is that 87 points will be enough to finish in the top 3, therefore it's incorrect to say it's 'out of our hands'.
What I'm not saying is that we will win all 6! (Delighted if we did though.)

scottus86

Win our game in hand and we are only 2 points off third. It won't be easy but anything can happen in the next 6 games

Avening Posse

Win our game in hand and we are only 2 points off third. It won't be easy but anything can happen in the next 6 games
Absolutely, there have been many twists and turns in the last group of 3 games, and most league 2 forums did not predict what happened. I am expecting a lot of odd results in the run-in, and hopefully we benefit. Without doubt Wycombe have some tricky ones to come but can we take advantage ?, would need a run like the one we opened with to do it, but who knows ?

IndoMike

What I'm saying is that 87 points will be enough to finish in the top 3, therefore it's incorrect to say it's 'out of our hands'.
What I'm not saying is that we will win all 6! (Delighted if we did though.)
It's out of our hands. Even if we win all our games theoretically Wycombe can finish above us. Therefore the prize is in Wycombe's hands, not ours. Credy is correct.

Grecian_Matt

I reckon we will lose our next 2, then win our final 4.

Wycombe have some toughish games coming up too - I reckon we will finish 3rd.

muppetdodger

I reckon we will lose our next 2, then win our final 4.

Wycombe have some toughish games coming up too - I reckon we will finish 3rd.
Wishful thinking me thinks. The probability of Wyc getting Autos is over 80%, prob of us getting autos is less than 10%