• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The End of Season Run In

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yep...That’s where I think we will finish & play Coventry over the 2 legs...It would be a massive clusterfkcu not to reach/be in the playoffs..
Cov away what a first leg that would be...could see us getting battered for 90 mins but come away with a 1:0 win to bring back to Devon for the second leg.

Matt Russell

And then it gets better?

IndoMike

Predictions are hazardous, especially about the future; and even more so in regard to inconsistent League 2 football teams.
Says the main man with the excellent monthly "Predictions" thread.....

IndoMike

Since Evans left Mansfield they have gained two points from 5 games. Looks like they could slip up. Swindon have a relatively easy run in but their goal difference is awful for a contender.
i fancy County, City, Coventry and Lincoln for the playoffs. Nearly all City's games are against middling sides : they could be on the beach already or play with gay abandon and be dangerous.
Knowing City, it will go right down to the wire - last match, last minute penalty. Up steps Sweeney, and...........................

Banksy

misses for once......oh dear.

Banksy

Seriously , we should make the playoffs easily , but I think we will dip out again.Then Tis will finally walk of his own accord and devote himself to the eccentric sports attire clothing trade.

Last edited:

Avening Posse

Appreciate I am in a minority but I don't think the autos are out of our reach. Everybody is dropping points.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Appreciate I am in a minority but I don't think the autos are out of our reach. Everybody is dropping points.
The autos are clearly NOT out of reach, just difficult; we are effectively 6 points behind Wycombe given the GD and they have a reasonable run-in, it's now theirs to lose. We need a solid run of results and two points a game, something we haven't really had all season.

I think however if we win tomorrow we can go past Notts and finish 4th or 5th, and get advantage in the playoffs, if we can get some consistency. If it's postponed and the others play it'll be really bad news.

Avening Posse

The autos are clearly NOT out of reach, just difficult; we are effectively 6 points behind Wycombe given the GD and they have a reasonable run-in, it's now theirs to lose. We need a solid run of results and two points a game, something we haven't really had all season.

I think however if we win tomorrow we can go past Notts and finish 4th or 5th, and get advantage in the playoffs, if we can get some consistency. If it's postponed and the others play it'll be really bad news.
Yep cannot stand postponements, just puts on pressure when you see the points rack up elsewhere. We need to win one than Wycombe don't we if the game in hand is won ? (Ignoring the others). I think we might just surprise everybody

IndoMike

Agree that to reach the autos is maybe a bridge too far. Whatever happens, there should be a very good crowd for the playoff final (y)