• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tagg: “Regretfully, Paul has decided not to sign.”

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: Tis is gone

Sounds like the Club did their best to keep him - as they should, but it's his choice not to sign.

He's made an enormous contribution and certainly brought the best times (by a mile) in my 45 years of following City. Deserves grateful thanks and huge respect from all City fans.

We have a terrific ethos in the Club, so I'd like to see a continuity manager - somebody from inside.
True and I think the Club, JT and the Board as a whole deserve some credit for the way, as we can now see, they have handled the situation throughout. Time to move forward as a unted Club and onwards and upwards.

dommers

Over the last 10 years Tisdale has taken us backwards, it depends what your timeframe is.
Indeed it does. Although progress over the last 3 years hasn't been good enough so we should be expecting better progress from a new manager next week if fans are to be satisfied.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster

Indeed it does. Although progress over the last 3 years hasn't been good enough so we should be expecting better progress from a new manager next week if fans are to be satisfied.
Any new manager should be given time.

You seem to be ignoring the fact the club offered Tisdale a new, significantly improved contract, the decision makers at the club wanted to keep him.

ecfc2000

Higher or lower?

Will we finish this season higher or lower than last?

Despite there being a squad in place that has finished fourth,plus a budget better than ever before, my money is on lower
Lower, but we'll finish with a win in the playoff final at Wembley

dommers

Any new manager should be given time.
I won't give him time. If he's doesn't get us promoted then next season will have been a failure and the chance of manager a waste of time as in my view we'd have been better of keeping Tisdale for another year.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
One of the big positives is we have a goal getter in place on a long term contract, imagine what Stockley would do in a team with a more attacking mindset.

Without him we would be a lower mid table team.

He's more crucial than Tisdale.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster

I won't give him time. If he's doesn't get us promoted then next season will have been a failure and the chance of manager a waste of time as in my view we'd have been better of keeping Tisdale for another year.
What a ridiculous post, how long has Tisdale had to get us out of league 2 ?

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Well, definitely a very sad time to be a Grecian. Hopefully - though not much - we might be immensely lucky and find a new manager that will be prepared to put up with, and stick with, the major cluster**** that is the internal workings of ECFC. Still, the haters will be ******* furiously for the rest of the day.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hants. Just a suggestion - maybe you can combine this thread with the "Tis is gone" thread to make the topic easier to follow, if nobody minds.
Agreed two or threads could be combined now for just that reason.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster

Prams and toys.