• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tagg: “Regretfully, Paul has decided not to sign.”

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Re: Tis is gone

My Granny always used to say "Be careful what you wish for!" I think this is one of those times.
Agreed. I'm glad people are optimistic but I can't personally see it. A lot will depend on who comes in to replace him and how many people follow him out the door.

ExeterCityLad

Thank god! At last!

Hurray...

Party time...

Cider all round, everyone! On me!

ExeterCityLad

My Granny always used to say "Be careful what you wish for!" I think this is one of those times.
Oh, give it a rest.

Mr.Sparkle

He’ll be back..... To nick our best players!

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster

Higher or lower?

Will we finish this season higher or lower than last?

Despite there being a squad in place that has finished fourth,plus a budget better than ever before, my money is on lower

TOOTHY

you don`t know what you got until it`s gone a sad day for Exeter City FC

ExeterCityLad

Automatic, I reckon, even possibly...The title.

That's if we employ a manager with ambition.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster

Huge thank you to Paul for the most enjoyable (extended rather than short lived) period in my City supporting life of 50 years.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster

The club is putting out there the deadline on the contract being signed was up however I reckon this is lip service to the fans, Tisdale will be announced as MK Dons manager shortly.

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aside from Tagg's tribute, which is fine, this is an extraordinary statement.

As far as it is possible to make out from the wording of the second paragraph, two things are clear. First, the offer of the new contract has been on the table for the best part of a year. In all that time, no progress has been made in resolving the contract situation. Given that the contract offer has been made, it can be inferred that reason for this is entirely Tisdale's.

Second, it appears from this statement that the Club, quite understandably, set a deadline for a decision to be made, one way or another. It appears as if Tisdale has made no effort to contact the Club, to communicate his decision, or even to conduct discussions, in advance of this deadline.

It would therefore be quite correct to infer from these two things that Tisdale has treated the Club with what amounts to disdain. Not even to show the simple good manners to discuss any of this is hardly the conduct of a "proper chap". Indeed, one might even go so far as to describe it as "surreal".

A number of people here gave talked about a rift that has opened between Tisdale & the fans. This statement implies that there is also a rift between Tisdale & the Club, one which evidently had become irreparable.

All plaudits to the Club for not caving in when faced with this surreal behaviour.