• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tagg: “Regretfully, Paul has decided not to sign.”

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: Tis is gone

Whoever the new manager is shouldn't be expected to finish higher than 4th however the ambition should be promotion.

Tisdale had ages to get us out of league 2, he didn't, any new manager needs to be given the backing Tisdale had.

I'm pleased he has gone however the crucial part is getting the next appointment right.

Last edited:

citylad60

Oh, give it a rest.
indeed. i didnt wish him gone but im glad the whole sorry episode has been concluded and we can move on. lets try not to have a brexiteer/remoaner situation now with who knew best/ i told you so s**t storm type thing.

IBA

Automatic, I reckon, even possibly...The title.

That is a crazy statement, How does getting rid of the most successful manager in our history , make you so confident that we could get someone in that's even better?

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster

So if the club is now saying that he is sacked as of today, do we have to pay him for the next five months?

eurogrecian

Sounds like the Club did their best to keep him - as they should, but it's his choice not to sign.

He's made an enormous contribution and certainly brought the best times (by a mile) in my 45 years of following City. Deserves grateful thanks and huge respect from all City fans.

We have a terrific ethos in the Club, so I'd like to see a continuity manager - somebody from inside.

Dubai Grecian

Not only the most successful manager we've ever had but the most loyal. Regardless of personal opinions we should all wish him well in his career.

Its irrelevant where he goes, he's no longer an employee of the club, we must focus on the challenge of making the correct appointment and player retention/planning for the new season

There is now a great opportunity for the fans to finally unite and get behind a new manager. However it seems there will be a few who will be looking for the new guy to **** up right away.

Tisdale has gone, it is long overdue. Move on and look forward. No one knows how it will pan out but I for one will find It more enjoyable whatever happens knowing that he isn't in charge.

ExeterCityLad

Not only the most successful manager we've ever had but the most loyal. Regardless of personal opinions we should all wish him well in his career.

Its irrelevant where he goes, he's no longer an employee of the club, we must focus on the challenge of making the correct appointment and player retention/planning for the new season
A loyal manager doesn't do half the things Tisdale did. Swearing at the fans, writing articles in the national press etc.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...

indeed. i didnt wish him gone but im glad the whole sorry episode has been concluded and we can move on. lets try not to have a brexiteer/remoaner situation now with who knew best/ i told you so s**t storm type thing.
I absolutely reserve the right to crow about being right about both when they inevitably become ****shows :p

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster

I absolutely reserve the right to crow about being right about both when they inevitably become ****shows :p
What was Tisdale's average league 2 position after we were relegated from league 1, probably around mid table in league 2, hardly amazing is it.