• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tagg: “Regretfully, Paul has decided not to sign.”

dommers

Re: Tis is gone

What a ridiculous post, how long has Tisdale had to get us out of league 2 ?
We had two poor seasons when we got relegated which was the time for him to leave. Since there we've had four seasons where we've progressed each year on and off the field and I've no doubt would have continued next year. I'm merely expecting the new manager to continue the progression. Is that unreasonable.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, definitely a very sad time to be a Grecian. Hopefully - though not much - we might be immensely lucky and find a new manager that will be prepared to put up with, and stick with, the major cluster**** that is the internal workings of ECFC. Still, the haters will be ******* furiously for the rest of the day.
I'm sure you will miss watching Tisdale's team play, oh yes I forgot you never go.

Last edited:

Gordon Dale

Time for cool heads. Let's take it step by step.

The Board need to carefully assess the appointment in the context of the academy ( Eamon Dolan's legacy ) , the key supporting management structure and the possibility of securing appointments at ALL levels of personnel with previous associations with the club.

I sincerely hope they don't appoint 'a rookie'...as I well remember the Gerry Francis fiasco....which followed all the diligent work put in by Brian Godfrey. Always remember 'Rome wasn't built in a day' but it can be destroyed in an instant.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster

Automatic, I reckon, even possibly...The title.

That is a crazy statement, How does getting rid of the most successful manager in our history , make you so confident that we could get someone in that's even better?
For the umpteenth time 'we did not get rid'. HE CHOSE TO LEAVE.

Last edited by a moderator:

REDMIKE

One of the big positives is we have a goal getter in place on a long term contract, imagine what Stockley would do in a team with a more attacking mindset.

Without him we would be a lower mid table team.

He's more crucial than Tisdale.
That is if we can keep him now Tis has left

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
That is if we can keep him now Tis has left
He's got two years left on his deal, if he leaves it will be for big money.

dommers

For the umpteenth time 'we did not get rid'. HE CHOSE TO LEAVE.
If we had served on the two rolling contract he'd still be here. So I reckon it's a bit of both.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster

Phew. New era. Bring it on.

Grecian Max

We had two poor seasons when we got relegated which was the time for him to leave. Since there we've had four seasons where we've progressed each year on and off the field and I've no doubt would have continued next year. I'm merely expecting the new manager to continue the progression. Is that unreasonable.
Are you actually being serious with your posts?

IndoMike

Aside from Tagg's tribute, which is fine, this is an extraordinary statement.

As far as it is possible to make out from the wording of the second paragraph, two things are clear. First, the offer of the new contract has been on the table for the best part of a year. In all that time, no progress has been made in resolving the contract situation. Given that the contract offer has been made, it can be inferred that reason for this is entirely Tisdale's.

Second, it appears from this statement that the Club, quite understandably, set a deadline for a decision to be made, one way or another. It appears as if Tisdale has made no effort to contact the Club, to communicate his decision, or even to conduct discussions, in advance of this deadline.

It would therefore be quite correct to infer from these two things that Tisdale has treated the Club with what amounts to disdain. Not even to show the simple good manners to discuss any of this is hardly the conduct of a "proper chap". Indeed, one might even go so far as to describe it as "surreal".

A number of people here gave talked about a rift that has opened between Tisdale & the fans. This statement implies that there is also a rift between Tisdale & the Club, one which evidently had become irreparable.

All plaudits to the Club for not caving in when faced with this surreal behaviour.
I'm a bit confused, too. Considering that his contract with us is reportedly up to November this year and that he hasn't responded to the club's deadline of today, could this lead to a claim of unfair dismissal by Tisdale in the very worst scenario. or did Tisdale actually resign? Obviously if he resigned theoretically MKD should pay compensation (which i think we could waiver anyway) but if Tis hasn't actually resigned then the situation might be more complicated.