• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stevenage A.F.C. V's Exeter City A.F.C. Official Match Day Thread. 10/08/2019

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good interview with Nicky Law.

Exehausted

Why sign him then? He's surely one of the higher earners, if he saw a hole in his game that would be incompatible with the style of play he wanted, don't waste budget on him!
Presumably he didn't see the flaws before he signed him! No one ever gets it right with every player that they sign.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
We were good in the final third. Sweeney was truly awful. He has to be replaced. Taylor and Collins both poor. New players ward parkes and ajose all player well. Williams MOM.
Radio commentary seemed to think Collins had a good game.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It will be interesting to see the line up against Coventry.
Hopefully Sparkes and Seymour get some game time.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree with you about Sweeney struggling, but Collins and Taylor were both very good watching it on I-Follow. Both protected the back four very well and Taylor especially broke up play well and won numerous free-kicks which helped break up the play for us. Both of their performances helped restrict Lewis Ward only having to make one real save (all be it a very good one in the first 5 mins) all game!
Until Law clicked into gear I thought Collins was, alongside Parkes, our best player. As for Sweeney, yes his distribution can be shocking, but he has hardly put a foot wrong defensively in the last 2 games and we've yet to concede a goal.

Red Bill

Presumably he didn't see the flaws before he signed him! No one ever gets it right with every player that they sign.
I don't agree that he has flaws, or certainly not ones that could be considered so at this level, or the one above. I've not seen anything to suggest he's any less capable with the ball on the ground. Deano has done ok at CB but i'd never select him ahead of Martin. Nor for that matter would I select him at LB ahead of woodman, but MT seems happy to do both which I find very surprising

DPR1901

And that is what this forum's all about, Opinions
Agreed. And the only opinion that actually matters is Matt T's.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Radio commentary seemed to think Collins had a good game.
The commentary team sounded like it was a pair who were watching City for the first time from the five or ten minutes I heard (Cue somebody saying that the co-commentator was an ex-city player).

Rog H K

A second shout for a penalty for us but waived away. It will be interesting to hear from people there if they were realistic shouts or just hopeful ones.
Ref chickened out. He was not in our favour most of the game.

Exehausted

I don't agree that he has flaws, or certainly not ones that could be considered so at this level, or the one above. I've not seen anything to suggest he's any less capable with the ball on the ground. Deano has done ok at CB but i'd never select him ahead of Martin. Nor for that matter would I select him at LB ahead of woodman, but MT seems happy to do both which I find very surprising
Well whatever the reason, Matt obviously doesn't trust him and his and his staff are the only opinions that count because they determine who plays. It all makes for good debate which is what this board is all about. Personally I would have Sparkes ahead of both Woody and Deano, but again my opinion doesn't count and is why Matt is the manager and I'm not!!