• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Should he stay or should he go?

Would you like to see Alex Inglethorpe stay as manager of Exeter City?

• Stay

Votes: 137 68.5%
  • Go

Votes: 63 31.5%

• Total voters

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: Please Go Inglethorpe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heavitree red said:
Apart from a few on here there will nobody too sorry to see you go.

We have gone backwards since you started - we were better under Eamonn Dolan.

If you have the opportunity to go to MK Dons then please bugger off and go.

We do not want you here!!!!

Get out now!!!!!!!!!
Better under Dolan? No chance

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
"Should I stay or should I go now
Should I stay or should I go now
If I go there will be trouble
An' if I stay it will be double
So come on and let me know "

Seems AI has a "clash" of interests here!

Gozzer

Late arrivals to the polling station are making a difference to the result. What will the evening bring?

crocks

Going back to Strongbow's point on Page 3....

To be honest, anyone that comes in will HAVE to rebuild as there are vacancies for 6-7 new players. So maybe it is a good time for a new manager to come in.

I have not been too impressed with Ingle Dingle. I dont like quiet managers (Sven is another manager that I havent liked since the day he took over England) and the style of football played this season has not been the way that City normally play football. I am no fan of hoofball whatsoever. All great sides play possession football.

I also believe that the players that we had were capable of playing a better standard of football (proof, if proof were needed, that players who went on loan during the season suddenly found form [principally thinking of Edwards here]).

Having said that, I dont like the manager merry go round - but we need to have the right person in charge. I dont think Ingle Dingle is that person.

Last edited:

Gozzer

The players quite clearly could play proper football, as they did on occasions in April. I would like to know if they were under instructions to hoof it in the early part of this year and who gave them that instruction. Apart from anything else, it wasn't successful. If it had got us promoted, I think most people would have learned to live with it for a while.

dommers

haka said:
But if he stays, that's good, because that would show he's not a fool, and that he believes he can further his career here.
But you could also argue that if he stays having contemplated moving then perhaps he is not 100% behind the club and is only waiting for another opportunity. Would we want someone who is not fully committed?

Last edited:

Gozzer

Would we ever get someone who is 100% committed. After ten years plus, even Dolan could be tempted away.

I think that AI has about reached what is these days the normal life expectancy for a manager.

Oke Andy

I have to admit I personally wont be to bothered to see him go as the football at times last season was embarassing. The timimg is terrible by the time a new manager is installed and assessed what we need it will be too late to bring in real quality as they would have already been snapped up by other clubs. ( This only my opinion )

PeteUSA

Hey thats not fair! You cant click on the poll and see who's voted what this time! I'd like to know who the other sensible ones are who voted that he should go, apart from me!

Oli

Argyle fans, you and Bostin. ;)