• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Should he stay or should he go?

Would you like to see Alex Inglethorpe stay as manager of Exeter City?

• Stay

Votes: 137 68.5%
  • Go

Votes: 63 31.5%

• Total voters

bostin

Jimmy St James said:
Imagine if he takes the Spurs job though...34 years old, Spurs u18s, 40 years old, Spurs 1st team, 45 years old, England manager!
Laugh I nearly shat. Inglethorpe can't even outwit Westley ffs! Premiership...err, don't think so!

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think he's doing a pretty good job. I would like to understand what went wrong in the 'blip' of Jan - March when we only added 4 points to our total in two months, but that is my only reservation: I don't know if it was AI who got us into that situation and/or got us out again.

I don't expect overnight success at this club and that is what ANY new manager would have to deliver. This is the time to take City back into the League, not gamble everything on a new manager.

bostin

Gozzer said:
I don't know if it was AI who got us into that situation
who else d'you think it was ffs...an evil goblin?

kuznetsov

I've just voted 'go'. To be honest, I thought he would be with us for a couple more years and who knows he might have turned things around. I rate him as a man and wish him well. I just think we should jump at this 'opportunity' to get shot. Last season, virtually without exception, we played terrible, caveman football. It was embarrassing watching us against teams like Hereford, and even tin-pot outfits like Burton. Let's get someone in with a history of coaching teams to play attractive, exciting, attacking football.

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
If he's not sure about what to do then he should go, I don't want a manager who isn't 100% commited.

I would however prefer him to stay, as I don't want a new manager to come in and start rebuilding all over again, we've lacked stability managerial wise for a long time, and to have any sort of success we need it.

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
this comming season will be our promotion to the league and AI has set us up for it. its a disapointment that he states in the E&E that he has to make a Huge decision on his future regarding the other clubs offering deals (supposedly). In my view, AI should finish what he has started and there should be no 'Huge' decision and should stay and be loyal. If he stays and gets us promoted thats a real big acheivement to have on his C.V if the same situation comes up again,this time next year?

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Sadly, I don't think he has too much choice in the matter, but I'll vote "Stay" anyway.

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
I voted Go, but only because this talk of 'considering his options' can do nothing but unsettle players and the whole set up, just when we should be gearing up for a real push at getting back in the league. We should be signing quality (I know we have no money, yawn) but nothing is happening.

i_m

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
He should stay. As when he gets us promoted next year he will go down in Grecian history

E

EXEfactor

I say go and go now. He has done nothing of note in my opinion. We have steadily got worse over the last 2 seasons. If he goes to a youth set up he is foolish, just like Dolan. Does he want to be a leader and manager of men or boys? And, MK Dons!! Do me a favour. If he is actually considering either of these two options let him go because his lack of judgement is being shown again.