• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Should he stay or should he go?

Would you like to see Alex Inglethorpe stay as manager of Exeter City?

• Stay

Votes: 137 68.5%
  • Go

Votes: 63 31.5%

• Total voters

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Depends he might be happy being a youth coach away from the daily grind of management especially when theres a far bigger wedge on offer.

Oli

I see MK Dons as being a strong side in a few years time. If they can consolidate and build a fan base I think they could rise up the leagues.

D

David

Aidy Boothroyd could be one example I guess Youth team manager at Peterborough, Norwich & West Brom but I agree if Inglethorpe goes down that route he may never get back into first team management

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stay! Achieving something here before moving on will look better on his CV in the long run. Also it is so inconceiveable that like the rest of us, he just wants to live in a nice part of the country and be happy rather than pick up and move everytime a job offer comes along? I'm sure he'll go on to bigger and better things but, for our sake, I hope not just yet.

davecg

If he wants to be a football manager then he should stay with us, if he wants to work with youth then the tottenham offer would be too good to turn down. A similair decision to that of which eamo dolan had to make and we know what happened there.

I would like to see Alex Ingelthorpe stay and complete the job of getting promotion, I truly believe he is capable of getting us out of this league in the next two years.

manc grecian

who spoiled it by voting GO. Come on own up.

flakey pasty

From his point of view he should take the Spurs job (it may go pearshaped here by mid-season and then be in danger of being thrown out - where would his career be then).
From our point of view, he should definitely stay and finish the job he started - getting us back into the league and beyond.
Alex Inglethorpe - leave a mid table conference club for the Premiership .... Deal or No Deal ........

haka

'GO' votes so far:

Bostin
An Argyle fan
A City fan confused by the wording

J

Jimmy St James

Personally I think he should stay for now. Build something over the next couple of years, back in the league etc. then move on if the opportunity arises. His frustrations are well documented but MK Dons? Do me a favour...

Imagine if he takes the Spurs job though...34 years old, Spurs u18s, 40 years old, Spurs 1st team, 45 years old, England manager!

bostin

Yes 'twas me. Yes, the timing sucks...but I'd rather he walks now than after 10 games into the season.