• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Should he stay or should he go?

Would you like to see Alex Inglethorpe stay as manager of Exeter City?

• Stay

Votes: 137 68.5%
  • Go

Votes: 63 31.5%

• Total voters

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think I will feel a bit used if Inglethorpe up and leaves now. He's not had the best season ever, and in my opinion "owes" the club something. When Stimson left Grays he did so on the back of doing a fantastic job for them. I've no doubt Inglethorpe is capable of doing similar here, but he should do it and then moved once hes earnt it. If he leaves now, the club will have given him massively more than he's given to the club.

kuznetsov said:
I've just voted 'go'. To be honest, I thought he would be with us for a couple more years and who knows he might have turned things around. I rate him as a man and wish him well. I just think we should jump at this 'opportunity' to get shot. Last season, virtually without exception, we played terrible, caveman football. It was embarrassing watching us against teams like Hereford, and even tin-pot outfits like Burton. Let's get someone in with a history of coaching teams to play attractive, exciting, attacking football.
Totally agree. I also think that with the pressure building last season he realises that if we dont have a good start, the writing would be on the wall. If he was then sacked he would have to go back to the beginning as far as his managerial career was concerned. League club comes in for you near your home, fresh start - what would you do?

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
If someone offered me a job with less responsibility and greater cash I'd take it. Maybe being subject to some of the abuse from our large swelling of idiots has put him off management. Maybe he wants a job where hes not asked about his players mode of transport to away matches or where his players come on the internet to slag him off.

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jason H said:
Sadly, I don't think he has too much choice in the matter, but I'll vote "Stay" anyway.
Why wouldn't he have much choice in the matter?

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd say it's pretty obvious what the general consensus is on here at the moment!

87% wanting him to stay off 54 votes.

Grecian Max

halffoxhalfgrecian said:
Totally agree. I also think that with the pressure building last season he realises that if we dont have a good start, the writing would be on the wall. If he was then sacked he would have to go back to the beginning as far as his managerial career was concerned. League club comes in for you near your home, fresh start - what would you do?
I agree with them ^

Gozzer

bostin said:
who else d'you think it was ffs...an evil goblin?
I haven't really given any thought to the evil goblin theory, although I wouldn't rule it out. Two other possiblities for who took us into the start of the year slump would be 1. The players not performing 2. Steve Perryman, rather than AI.

bostin

Gozzer said:
Two other possiblities for who took us into the start of the year slump would be 1. The players not performing 2. Steve Perryman, rather than AI.
1. The players not performing. Firstly you've got to ask who brought said players in in the first instance. The team were mostly of AI's choosing, so if the players aren't up to it, the buck stops with AI. The thing is though is that we know the players he brought in are individually actually quite good. Therefore the team spirit, confidence, call it what you like was at an ebb...and who is resposible for maintaining and restoring that. Yes, you guessed it...

As for 2. and Perryman...I think the evil goblin is probably more pertinent.

H

heavitree red

Please Go Inglethorpe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apart from a few on here there will nobody too sorry to see you go.

We have gone backwards since you started - we were better under Eamonn Dolan.

If you have the opportunity to go to MK Dons then please bugger off and go.

We do not want you here!!!!

Get out now!!!!!!!!!

D

David

Re: Please Go Inglethorpe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Correction you don't want him here

Take a look at the poll, clearly the majority disagree with you