• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Serious question: Exeter and its environs

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
:) :)

Oh yeah I remember releiving myself on it now you mention it.

P

purplefluid

CREDYGRECIAN said:
boo hiss boo hiss.............our local rivals........

No in all honesty Shobrooke is a very pretty ground but IMO Sandford is a better ground - has far better facilities - ie pavilion , nets , wicket & is also a great location.
I haven't been to Sandford in bleddy years (grimaces and realises how old I am now) and the cricket ground in even longer ... I used to have a mate who lived down the same turn off (sets up a pun for someone!) but haven't been in since the late 80s and someone's 18th birthday ....

E

EXEfactor

LammieLammieLammie said:
Heavitree is particularly good for me.

Close to Doctors, close to park (particularly good for your cricket!) close to hospital (always a consideration) good schools imho, good takeaways, and close to a half decent pub.
The close to Doctors bit worries me. Is there something you should tell us Lammie?

Hunterwasmyhero

...... yes, and if he doesn't buy a round soon, he'll need the hospital emergency department. ;)

ps Jason, i have sent you a pm

spick

Well-known Exeweb poster
Red Box said:
Hey Spick,

Out of intrest mate, where are you moving to?

Can you also ask Snags to get in contact as I've lost his number and would like to have a few beers sometime.
Definitely not the St.Thomas side of the river, maybe Pinhoe or Broadfields they seem to be favourite at the mo.
I'll speak to snags in the morning, he's on Nights this week, he lives out Alphington these days.

grrrrr21

i live in st thomas and like it. i live just near the river, a 10 minute walk and i'm in the centre of the high street and 5 minutes away from the quay, it's also very friendly. exebridges is a nightmare though, fortunately i rarely drive over it.

moving from london myself 12 years ago to bring my children up in devon was the best decision ever.

good luck.

LammieLammieLammie

EXEfactor said:
The close to Doctors bit worries me. Is there something you should tell us Lammie?
Yes, unless I buy Hunter a drink every single time I see him, with none in return (not that I mind cos he is a mate) he threatens to shoot my kneecaps. I want there to be a doctors nearby I can crawl to.

Lammie

Sorry Hunter, Hadn't seen your post there.

Antony Moxey

EXEfactor said:
You could try Park Lane in Pinhoe, however this is truly desirable and houses rarely come up for sale here, not even mine!
Hahaha - those bright yellow thatched houses look lovely don't they!!! And £700k too - it would appear that there is indeed one born every minute..

E

EXEfactor

If you've got it Moxey flaunt it. You obviously haven't got it...enjoy Exmouth

Antony Moxey

Or perhaps some choose to 'flaunt' in other ways. You didn't buy one of those yellow things did you....