• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Serious question: Exeter and its environs

B

Bastin-Stander

"Headhunted" !! LMFAO!

You can't help yourself can you? You mean you sent off your CV to a recruitment agency and you got back a "thanks, but no thanks".
Is this aimed at me?

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Jason H - I think Bastin......

jabba the gut

...with their engines that defon you as they reach speeds of up to 15 MPH....
They remove your fon? (Whatever that is).

Sounds horrific!

B

Bastin-Stander

They remove your fon? (Whatever that is).

Sounds horrific!
It is trust me! :p

nick_exmouth

I was always under the impression that Aylesbury was rather genteel. I suppose the fact that it's in Buckinghamshire misled me - it tends to conjure up places like Amersham and the Chalfonts etc for me, which are the only parts I've been to. BTW, is it correct to describe it as Midlands? I thought it wasn't that far from the Watford area, on the line that goes via Rickmansworth. Could be wrong though.
No, South Midlands at a push, but South East for Bucks I say.

Although I'm sure Aylesbury was once a nice market town, it now has a number of serious problems. The main one being drugs. The town centre is badly in need of development, it has a couple of very deprived areas and there has also been some racial incidents there recently. It has a high asian population and there have been some gang fights over the summer.

Chalfont et al are very nice towns but a lot smaller. Aylesbury (County Town) is probably the 2nd biggest town in Bucks, Milton Keynes excluded as it is a unitary authority.

Forgot to put on my list High Wycombe is a dump too

Nick

manc grecian

Both my next door neighbours are putting their houses up for sale. Read into that what you will. Three bedrooms in Pennsylvania if Jason or Nick is interested. [G]

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
So what happened Jase?

Oldsmobile-88

What happened to jabba?..

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
So what happened Jase?
At the time things fell by the wayside. Plans were then resurrected at the start of last year, indeed we spent some time in Devon and spotted a gorgeous house well within our price range in Exmouth (4 bedrooms as well!). Sadly we couldn't sell our place (put it on the market the same week the housing market imploded!), then my old job became untenable - I had planned to work from home and got agreement for this only for my role to change strongly against my will (working for someone who is a complete t**t).

The Missus also got her new job and loved it, followed by me getting a job at the same place, and here we're stuck.

So, the Devon dream remains on ice, at least until our place picks up majorly in value again and we get bored of our jobs - hate living in Hounslow but the job is good!