• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Most UNDER-rated band.

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
t*sser. I fell for that.

Red the Paper

Banned
C*cksparrer...truly awesome live. Just like being in a real football crowd.

For those that don't know them, you know nothing about punk rock.

Red the Paper

Banned
On the contary old boy, Id compare the Pistols music to sh*te!!
IMO you can only comment on a band if you have seen them live...that would probably only leave 2 or 3 posters worthy of commenting. The rest should stick to listening to Meatloaf or other girlie music.

Swanaldo

IMO you can only comment on a band if you have seen them live....
ok..... up to a point.

Can I have no opinion on Jimi Hendrix, Elvis, Queen or the Beatles?

LOG

This just brought up an REM song.

Disgusting.

Swanaldo

This just brought up an REM song.
Not on my watch Sunshine.

Phil Sayers

IMO you can only comment on a band if you have seen them live...that would probably only leave 2 or 3 posters worthy of commenting. The rest should stick to listening to Meatloaf or other girlie music.
Disagree - I have seen scores of bands live who I have thought put on a great show (the Datsuns are a prime example of this) but tend to think are sh*te.

Likewise I have seen many bands live who I like but thought don't do a good live show - Radiohead being the one that springs to mind.

Ultimately bands are judged on the albums they produce although everyone prefers (or should prefer) live music.

Incidentally the best performances I think I have ever seen in concert are Rage against the Machine and the Levellers. (Awaits furious reaction to the latter...:))

Last edited:

Swanaldo

Incidentally the best bands I have ever seen in concert are Rage against the Machine and the Levellers. (Awaits furious reaction to the latter...:))
Levellers, Skunk Anansie, Beastie Boys, Counting Crows, Skid Row, Paul Weller all put on fantastic live shows - but I wouldn't want to sit down and listen to any of them at home particularly.

Horses for Courses innit.

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure about Richard Hawley - I've got Lady's Bridge - like the skiffle numbers more than the crooning...

Just finished watching an almost unbearably moving documentary about the great Edwyn Collins, leader of Orange Juice, the finest band to come out of Scotland, and creator of a sound which inspired, amongst others, The Smiths.

Edwyn suffered 2 massive strokes two & a half years ago, since when he's been paralysed down his right side. In addition, he lost the ability to speak, & also to read & write; &, of course, to play the guitar. He even struggled to remember the music he wrote & performed when it was played to him.

Gradually, though, he's put his life back together, with the help of his wonderful wife, & some dedicated therapists, to the extent that he's been able to produce & release the album he was recording when he suffered the strokes; & even to begin singing with his band again (featuring Paul Cook on drums!) & performing live again.

A musical hero, & a heroic story...

Upwards & Onwards :)

LOG

Kai Davidson perhaps deserves far more credit than being the man who brought us The Proclaimers.

As newspaper articles will tell us though, the credit he did get was only after his tragic death.