• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Midweek League 2 matches impacting Exeter City MDT

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm never sure how reliable or useful expected goals data is but it also suggests that Argyle are over-achieving at the moment.
Comparison of that table against reality is, possibly, the strongest argument why football should be played on grass (and mud) rather than on spreadsheets?

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
expected goals and the timelines are pure bunkum.

bad science in my book.

fred binneys head

expected goals and the timelines are pure bunkum.

bad science in my book.
Hang on, it concludes Argyle are overachieving and are actually a bunch of useless self gratificationers. Sounds like pretty solid science in my book.

Grecian2K

Hang on, it concludes Argyle are overachieving and are actually a bunch of useless self gratificationers. Sounds like pretty solid science in my book.
That's probably the "exception that proves the rule" as the saying goes! :D

magiccity1

I see that now Salford are playing in the Trophy Final on the 5th April, so their game away against Swindon on April 4th will have to be moved. That means they will have to play midweek late on in the season. This could be an advantage to us.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see that now Salford are playing in the Trophy Final on the 5th April, so their game away against Swindon on April 4th will have to be moved. That means they will have to play midweek late on in the season. This could be an advantage to us.
Anyone know if they are allowed to play the game before the scheduled date? The previous Tuesday 31st March or Wednesday 1st April are free.

grecIAN Harris

Anyone know if they are allowed to play the game before the scheduled date? The previous Tuesday 31st March or Wednesday 1st April are free.
I know in the past we've bought midweek matches forward to fill in a Cup weekend gap so I can't see why not.

magiccity1

I know in the past we've bought midweek matches forward to fill in a Cup weekend gap so I can't see why not.
Yes, But would Salford want a fairly longish midweek away game just before a Wembley final?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
They could stay down and train somewhere in west London.

grecIAN Harris

Yes, But would Salford want a fairly longish midweek away game just before a Wembley final?
I didn't say Salford would agree to it just that it was merely a possibility.