• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Midweek League 2 matches impacting Exeter City MDT

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Spawny Scummers equalised from a saved penalty.
That’s the trouble , they do seem to be churning out the results , lucky or not. Sign of a promotion team ? I sincerely hope not .

IndoMike

So they rightly should but a point is better than a kick up the arse. As tight as thing are between the top 4 it might be the point to make a difference.
I would have settled for the draw pre-match, personally.

grecIAN Harris

I would have settled for the draw pre-match, personally.
Don't get me wrong, it keeps them below us which we're all happy about but as Banksy suggests they keeping digging results out when maybe they shouldn't one way or another. Did you see the absolute sitter Crewe missed on Saturday which meant Argiggle get three points instead of one. The amount of late goals they've scored recently. It's the luck, self made or otherwise, that Argiggle are running with.

IndoMike

Don't get me wrong, it keeps them below us which we're all happy about but as Banksy suggests they keeping digging results out when maybe they shouldn't one way or another. Did you see the absolute sitter Crewe missed on Saturday which meant Argiggle get three points instead of one. The amount of late goals they've scored recently. It's the luck, self made or otherwise, that Argiggle are running with.
I truly believe luck evens itself out over a season. I also think we have a better squad than they have and that Karma will get us through and fark those chumps.

Avening Posse

Decent result for us. Arg*le now play Cambridge on Saturday who have won their last 4 games including wins against Colchester and Bradford. They'll bottle it again on Sat putting a decent amount of space between them and the autos.
I think Al is offering 4-1 for a Cambridge win on Beat the Bookie (which I have taken) :)

dontpassback

According to some on Argyle freechat they were going to win 5 nil and go top,the only side that has put more than 1 past macc is us,so tough s### Argyle you are still outside the autos and the game in hand has gone

Red Devon

I think Al is offering 4-1 for a Cambridge win on Beat the Bookie (which I have taken) :)
Cambridge won’t be as easy game for them as some might think....pretty sure they’ve won their last four matches since Calderwood left.

Information

Seven left I think

Plus maybe one or two from the International break

And one for the EFL Trophy Final weekend to re arrange

Cheltenham Town - Northampton TownTue Feb 25 19:45
Grimsby Town - Newport CountyTue Feb 25 19:45
Exeter City - Crewe AlexandraTue Mar 03 19:45
Plymouth Argyle - Grimsby TownTue Mar 03 19:45
Swindon Town - Scunthorpe UnitedTue Mar 03 19:45
Carlisle United - Newport CountyTue Mar 10 19:45
Cheltenham Town - Newport CountyTue Mar 24 19:45

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm never sure how reliable or useful expected goals data is but it also suggests that Argyle are over-achieving at the moment.

fred binneys head

I'm never sure how reliable or useful expected goals data is but it also suggests that Argyle are over-achieving at the moment.
I’m certain it’s reliable if that’s the conclusion.