• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jayden Stockley

Red Monster

Don't know, but it is being suggested that we paid 300k for Stockley, so would 85k be too much to pay for him? If you ask me, I personally hate this obsession with bringing ex players back. There are lots of players out there who you would get for 85k...The complication is you have to do the work to find them and you know my views on that...
Totally agree plenty of players to choose from ,I would make a exception if we could bring Ollie Watkins for 85k !

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I ask the question again...Do you know how much he is earning at Rovers, as against how much he was earning at City and how much we pay some of our so called marquee players? If not, then, like me, you have no idea whether we could or would pay what a player like Nichols might want...
I think that you are losing the plot Malcs. "Our so called marquee players" ??????? Have I missed that we have suddenly signed Messi or Ronaldo ? In nearly 60 years of following City I have never heard any of our players referred to in that way, nor any other in the third or fourth tier in English football. Pompous "buzzword" terminology like that, just like "stakeholder" et al, means sweet f a, to me, and makes me instantly loose interest.

malcolms

I think that you are losing the plot Malcs. "Our so called marquee players" ??????? Have I missed that we have suddenly signed Messi or Ronaldo ? In nearly 60 years of following City I have never heard any of our players referred to in that way, nor any other in the third or fourth tier in English football. Pompous "buzzword" terminology like that, just like "stakeholder" et al, means sweet f a, to me, and makes me instantly loose interest.
LoOse interest....thank **** for that...

Last edited:

sign of the chimes

Fareham Grecian......or Lee Bradbury !!!!!!Them were the days ....the best strike force city 'never had' .....' cause the Board wouldn't shell out £40k to Pompey prior to Vennables arrival . TV then went on to sell Lee to Man City for £2m or so if my memory serves me right ?
£3m, as I recall. I understand Man City fans still have nightmares about that.

Colesman Ballz

LoOse interest....thank **** for that...
Ha yes ! Perhaps I was sub consciously thinking about my favorite type of women at the time ? ;)

manc grecian

Lee badbuy as he's affectionately known in Manchester

Don't know, but it is being suggested that we paid 300k for Stockley.
I like Jayden for being that big, bruising centreforward most were crying out for when we weren't doing well in the darkest days of the last few seasons, I just think he has to waste a lot of energy having to chase out wide and jump for every ball that's ever sent in his general direction.....Reuben never got the right sort of service either, he was constantly racing across the pitch to chase balls when it was clearly crying out for a simple ball down the middle for a quick one-on-one with the last defender......you could see Reuben getting more frustrated every passing game and I'm sure Jayden isn't best pleased either playing without wingers or a close partner.

£105K for Stockers.............

just a few snippets from an Aberdeen forum............their views not mine, although facts will always remain facts.

############

Stockley - Am no fan,but he wasnt that bad with ball at feet bringing others into play when he first cam here.Unfortunately he seems to become someone the others lump the ball up to(whether instinctively, or told to)but its grim to watch,and a header on target every 4 games is a poor return for that strategy.Think if we could try and involve him more in the game in other ways,it might brighten up his ideas a bit?

Stockley is a ****ing horses arse. Can only header the ball in the direction he's facing. Slower than Alan Tait with the touch of Ash Taylor. His jumping coach is Nigel Pepper.

Stockley I liked when he first came in. Offered a different option, especially in situations like that mentioned above but his flying elbows mean hes a a red card in waiting every time he takes to the field. He tries his heart out but just isn't very good and slower than a wet weekend in Lochgelly.

I'd prioritise Moult in that instance and try to ship Stockley out, paying up his contract if necessary.

I have defended Stockley on here previously, and I can certainly understand his presence in and around the team for what he brings, or what he's supposed to bring, but sadly, he's not delivered. He's bizarrely a liability due to his elbows, deliberate or not. So he needs moving on.

Because they've been against teams we should beat and aren't in the top half (possibly harsh on county). Let's see how we do against a traditional top six team before getting too excited. We needed a centre half. Our defence is ****e. It's just lucky that we've scored more goals than conceded.

£50,000 Stockley to Exeter, have to say we've got a decent deal getting rid of him and only having to pay £50,000.

Off you pop you ****ing carthorse.

Awful footballer.

Agreed.

Can't believe we got money for him.

Couldnt jump without his elbows and didn't learn to stop using them. Too much of a liability.

Can't believe we got money for him though, even if less than £100,000. Just offloading him was a great bit of business

Wouldn't be surprised if the transfer fee covers all the wages we paid him last season, pretty much got his service for free

Haha we got 100k!?!?!

Cracking bit of business. Good profit on what proved to be a unremarkable player.

Best bit of business since we sold Lee Miller to Middlesbrough

Yeah, but the only reason that happened was because McGhee and Strachan are bum chums.

This is an unbelievable bit of business. Spot on, Deek.

105k for one of the worst pro's I've ever seen. Picked up on a free.

He will be worth that and more, financially, to Exeter City. I'll bet he does alright for them again.

The 100k is better than nothing but it'll be interesting to find out if the little 'stumbling blocks' had anything to do with a sell on fee

There once was a lad called Jayden,

Who was ****e whenever we played him,

But remember that day,

At Hampden in May,

When he smashed the young Celtic lad's face in.

"one of the worst pro's I've ever seen."

What makes you say that. Did he not look after himself, mess about in training, disrespect the management, his team mates or the club?

"Aberdeen FC, the only club in the world who's fans don't expect to receive money for contracted players!!"

Nae really. These sorts of things usually end in a "contract terminated by mututal consent" thing. It can't be underplayed; to receive a six figure transfer sum for a player we dinna even want is tremendous business by AFC.

IndoMike

Yes but I don't get selected :(
Probably cos your team-mates would get p*ssed off with you asking them bleddy quiz questions throughout the game....

Alistair20000

Probably cos your team-mates would get p*ssed off with you asking them bleddy quiz questions throughout the game....
.............as well as correcting their spelling; especially nasty Americanisms. :)

You did bring a smile to this miserable curmudgeon with your post though Indo. (y)

LOG

I know what Stockley is being paid but it’s confidential.