• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamie Cureton

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
To be fair to a lot of people, when Cureton was looking for a place we already had 6 strikers on our books and I and many others fully expected Stanno to be back in the mix by Christmas, so the question may not have been was he good enough but simply a concern over the size and cost of our strikeforce when we still had serious considerations about our defence. Some might say that these worries such as a lack of cover at rightback have proved to be a major drawback this season.

And if Stanno had made it?

Easy to be right with hindsight but things might have been so different.

Poultice

Oh dear hang your heads guys ;)

There.....***dusts hands off*** :p
Just a minute there laughing boy, didn't that post come from a Fred where it was suggested that Curo be brought in as a loanee while Deadwood was still on the stage ?

Although I would stand by the basic premise, Stewart plus Tevez wouldn't be enough to keep us up.

Poultice

I think the Key statement is from ******** as to how far off these people are.;)
How's Jamie Mackie gonna do in the Prem next season Greasy ?

Poultice

To be fair to a lot of people, when Cureton was looking for a place we already had 6 strikers on our books and I and many others fully expected Stanno to be back in the mix by Christmas, so the question may not have been was he good enough but simply a concern over the size and cost of our strikeforce when we still had serious considerations about our defence. Some might say that these worries such as a lack of cover at rightback have proved to be a major drawback this season.

And if Stanno had made it?

Easy to be right with hindsight but things might have been so different.
Spot on Sturtz, most of those posts would look entirely different in context, decent trawl by Mr. Haven't missed a game since the old king was on the throne, though.

Can't believe he brought on Stewart and left O'Flynn on the bench.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Can't believe he brought on Stewart and left O'Flynn on the bench.
I can, given we were clearly throwing the game in order to assist with Plym**th's relegation.

denny

Congratulations on passing a landmark JC

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Watched him for Shrewsbury on loan last season on sky...he was class...he didnt score but you could just see he had plenty to offer still.

Best striker in the last decade at City...would of loved to have seen him and Stanno together...Stanno's energy knackering defenders out and Cureton's fox in the box instint would of been good.

Grecian Max

Fair play (although it looks like you were also part of the "some"!).

I didn't really know him before, but he certainly doesn't play like he's in his mid 30s and is well worth another season if he'll stay with us.
Ha thanks eurogrecian, I knew it! :)

grecIAN Harris

How's Jamie Mackie gonna do in the Prem next season Greasy ?
He won't be. He'll be busy rehabilitating on loan at some mid table Championship outfit if he's lucky. If he does get himself sorted in time to be starting in the Premier, assuming QPR don't c*ck it up, he'll be the next Kenny Miller. Might look the bit in the lower leagues but so far out of his depth in the Premier you'll wonder how he managed to get international recognition even if it is onlyy for the Jocks.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just a minute there laughing boy, didn't that post come from a Fred where it was suggested that Curo be brought in as a loanee while Deadwood was still on the stage ?
No no Poults, page 4 post number 32 of this Fred! ;)