• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamie Cureton

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fast forward to 2 mins 37 to see a 19 year old Jamie in action for Norwich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OZwp_IxNmY

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
No no Poults, page 4 post number 32 of this Fred! ;)
I throw myself to the floor in abject supplication, would still rather have had a couple of youngsters.

JC has played very well, better than I expected, but will he be here next season to move us on or will he disappear leaving us no further forward ? It's a juggling act where we have to chalk up a short term win to the Cheese Meister, relative safety at the star of March is a step forward, JC has been an important player in achieving that, but there is always an opportunity cost, the road not taken where as step backwards might have created a major stride forward.

geoffwp

the road not taken
Didn't have you down for a Robert Frost aficionado poult.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Lewis Carroll is more apposite (not an exact quote as I don't have the book to hand):

Tell me, puss, said Alice, which way should I walk?

That depends, said the cat, on where you want to get to.

I'm not sure, said Alice.

In that case, any direction will do...

Poultice

I suspect quite a lot of things about me might surprise you Geoffers.

Poultice

I think Lewis Carroll is more apposite (not an exact quote as I don't have the book to hand):

Tell me, puss, said Alice, which way should I walk?

That depends, said the cat, on where you want to get to.

I'm not sure, said Alice.

In that case, any direction will do...
Stick whatever is left of what you were smoking in an envelope and send it to me will you ?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stick whatever is left of what you were smoking in an envelope and send it to me will you ?
Naah, never got into smoking anything, the few times I tried it I didn't like it.

It's just an oblique way of saying that professional football is inherently messy and unstrategic. I can discern little or no strategy evident in which players sign for which clubs, City as much as any other, despite the PR bull about "we are building something new and exciting..."

Even the Premiership clubs can only sign the best group of players they can get hold of and hope it all works.

Chelsea paying £50m for Torres? a gamble which is showing few signs of working - yet;

ECFC signing a 34 year old striker? a gamble which has worked beyond expectations;

ECFC signing a midfielder with a bad injury record? a gamble which hasn't worked.

Basically I agree with you - sort of...

Poultice

Basically I agree with you - sort of...
I won't tell anyone if you don't.

I think that we, unlike many other clubs, have a clear and well thought out strategy within the parameters of a fairly chaotic market, I just wish Cheesy would place that strategy into the public domain so that we at least knew that he understood about balance, pace and width but simply couldn't find that kind of player at the right price, rather than having to assume that.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope that we, unlike many other clubs, have a clear and well thought out strategy within the parameters of a fairly chaotic market
Agreed with the change highlighted...

Well-known Exeweb poster
He won't be. He'll be busy rehabilitating on loan at some mid table Championship outfit if he's lucky. If he does get himself sorted in time to be starting in the Premier, assuming QPR don't c*ck it up, he'll be the next Kenny Miller. Might look the bit in the lower leagues but so far out of his depth in the Premier you'll wonder how he managed to get international recognition even if it is onlyy for the Jocks.
The thing Mackies got over miller is a huge work rate and pace. Hopefully the injury will not touch his pace. But, You may well be right with Mackie the prem may be a step 2 far, but since he left us he's proved all his critic's wrong he's stepped up and excelled 2 a at EVERY challenge he's had, so who knows, one thing for sure if he fails it will not be for lack of commitment.

Last edited: