• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamie Cureton

Well-known Exeweb poster
He has been mentioned as a possible signing on here before, and the idea seemed to get a mixed reception What your thoughts now?

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/exetercity/Striker-Cureton-hopes-earn-City-contract/article-2402814-detail/article.html

Mine? Not terribly enthusiastic, He will do a job for a season I suppose.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
He didn't pull up any trees at Shrewsbury last season, but I will treat this with an open mind.

kirt f 1

a much needed goalscorer

greenawayr

I guess he's in a similar boat to Nardiello.

Could go either way. He might give us 10-15 a season, he might go t'other way and be pap!

Well, lets see him in a couple of friendlies hopefully.

I guess he'd prefer us over the majority of teams as he's in the right neck of the woods and L1 is likely to be the highest standard of footy he'll get offered. If we offer him something that is!

CC

I think we need an extra body up front with Stanno unlike to figure for a good few months yet, whether it is him, this lad Lawrie or AN Other. I fear he might have just gone the year too far and it would be unwise to sign him, but of course I haven't seen him train. He does know where the goal is and you don't lose that, but I wouldn't shed any tears if he doesn't sign.

bsmaff

Looks like a good prolific goal scorer through out his career, but last couple of seasons dosnt look very prolific.

Would of been a good signing if he was 5-6 years younger, but wouldnt consider it now.

But I would trust tids in whatever decision he makes.

Last edited:

sonnyman

With Stanno being out, JC might be a good option for a one year contract if he is fit, happy and not too expensive.He has scored a lot of goals apart from Shrewsbury.Maybe he could teach a few others how to do it.

ECFCHUNTY

no different to marcus stewart imo.....

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
His age and the fact that he didn't do much at Shrewsbury worry me. There is no doubt about his experience and the fact that he knows where the goal is. That puts him in a similar bracket as Marcus Stewart, IMO. It will be a struggle as I don't think we need old legs up front in L1, but I will try to keep an open mind.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
We need to remember the difference between him and Marcus in that Marcus when the age of what Cureton is now was already playing back in Midfield for Yeovil so was never going to be prolific whereas Cureton has always played as a Striker, even up until the end of last season. This link here seems to back up (at the very bottom) that he is seeking a move to a club closer to his native Bristol

http://www.ex-canaries.co.uk/players/cureton.htm