• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamie Cureton

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh dear hang your heads guys ;)

No, too old, his legs have gone and he has lost his goalscoring touch.

Also still would leave us without a real target man and a Stanno-like player who will run all day.
I'm not gunna lose any sleep if we don't sign him.
No no and thrice no, youngsters !

Key and Benyon at Turkey is a pairing I would give me left nad for, Stewart and Cureton spells 4th Division football.
No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No

That is all
This is my favourite below :D
I concur, I can't believe that some of the idiots on here think he'll be good.

He will be lazier than Fleetwood, slower than Marcus and will be a terrible signing. I hope we steer well clear.
Oddly am I the only person that thinks, he's just training here and will move on elsewhere when he gets the chance and isn't going to sign?
I'm not. He's looked 'meh' in pre-season and I think that the wages would be better spent elsewhere.
you do lose that. A striker in his mid 30s scoring 15+ goals a season is pretty rare and usually not backed up by a paltry 6 league goals in the two seasons prior.
Doesn't matter what type of forward Marcus was, he had goal scoring pedigree and now he can't score, ergo he lost his goal scoring ability.

Cureton has looked sh*t all pre-season, needless addition to the team IMO.
There.....***dusts hands off*** :p

Last edited:

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Thanks for that, RaWZ, made me smile. Sometimes I think my lack of all round knowledge of footballers - thereby not posting about such - is actually a blessing ... :)

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think the Key statement is from ******** as to how far off these people are.;)

Last edited:

Grecian Max

In fairness I revised my opinion not long after - I was convinced when I saw him play vs Clevedon in the PSF... can't be arsed but the posts are there to back it up ;)

Last edited:

ecfctis

This guy is a pleasure to watch most of the time, but especially when on form - real class!

STURTZ

Tis was right about signing Cureton, no argument.

Well done Paul Tisdale now let's move on.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
In fairness I revised my opinion not long after - I was convinced when I saw him play vs Clevedon in the PSF... can't be arsed but the posts are there to back it up ;)
I also revised my opinion not too far into the season, again can't be arsed to go back to find it, I'm sure most of the above did this, as Sturtz stated this time Tis was right we were wrong, time to move on, ready to shoot down the next OAP into the hallowed halls of ECFC, & next time we may be right :D

crocks

Curo looked crap in the PSF against Bath but full marks to Tis and the team for re-igniting his goal scoring touch.

eurogrecian

Cureton looked good, he hasn't 'lost it' like some have made out over the last week.
Fair play (although it looks like you were also part of the "some"!).

I didn't really know him before, but he certainly doesn't play like he's in his mid 30s and is well worth another season if he'll stay with us.

Last edited: