• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Jamie Cureton

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agree with missyo and Pete Martino here!!

Yours sincerely

G2k-o

malcolms

Who cares Malco !

Possibly no one, but I was just musing on the sheep like nature of players and supporters...

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cant see any problem with it myself. Jamie has been known as Curo for years! As for what Martin Allen said....I wouldnt know as I was at the game :D

Your sincerely
Rawz-o!

Grecian Max

When did Cureton become Curo on these boards? I suspect it was after the first leg at Brentford when Martin Allen was referring to him as such. I understand that team mates refer to each other in this familiar term (Robbo, Bobbo, Jonno etc) and have done since the beginning of time, but do supporters need to? Just a thought:S
You're a boring old tw*t aren't you?

malcolms

You're a boring old tw*t aren't you?
Well if you say so Maxie...it must be right...I bet all you're mates names end in O, so I guess you have a vested interest:)

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
When did Cureton become Curo on these boards? I suspect it was after the first leg at Brentford when Martin Allen was referring to him as such. I understand that team mates refer to each other in this familiar term (Robbo, Bobbo, Jonno etc) and have done since the beginning of time, but do supporters need to? Just a thought:S
It's the laziness the Brits have when speaking the english language. The majority will shorten peoples names. Even Keiron Cunningham, St Helens player is called Key, have called my Keiron, Key on a couple of occasions.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's the laziness the Brits have when speaking the english language. The majority will shorten peoples names. Even Keiron Cunningham, St Helens player is called Key, have called my Keiron, Key on a couple of occasions.
I think this is a relatively recent importation via Aussie English - I blame "Neighbours" and "Gnome and Away". Everything is diminutised there, sometimes lengthening not shortening names - Jonno for John being but one example.

It's also mainly used by people under 40 - with us older folk our names get shortened but not diminutised, none of my friends would ever call each other "Dave-o" or "Pete-y" or similar, it's Dave and Pete.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
ps

Now I think about it, "Gnome and Away" sounds like a soap opera about a run-of-the-mill football club who get ideas above their station, then come a cropper and go bust...4 pm on ITV2, I think.

LOG

And, of course, footballers are incapable of calling anyone by their full name.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
And, of course, most footballers are incapable of calling anyone by their full name.
Amended for fairness.

And we always call Mr. Troy Patrick Archilbald-Henville by his full name, of course...