• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

If Jamie Cureton's phone is ringing in the summer...

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Marcus was retiring in the summer of 2009 until Tis persuaded him not to.
Yeah, thing is I was perfectly happy for him to continue to 2010 based on what I saw of him in 08/09. However, it had become plain to me that 09/10 he was no longer up to it (at L1 level in any case) and should really have hung 'em up at the end of last season.

ECFC Music

I don't know how well off Cureton is,or how much he has made from the game,but i would imagine any player plying his trade outside the Premiership and nearing the end of his career would seek to maximise his income whilst he is able particularly when he is performing well.
No doubt other clubs will have noticed his success and be angling for his signature for next season,it's up to us to persuade him his future lies here and to match any other offers if we can.After all where will we get the same capability and how much could we spend in attempting to recruit a replacement and would it be as effective.

AndyR

If Jamie goes elsewhere in the Summer and we lose his goals on top of the goals and play of Harley, added to our er... rather unpredictable defence, the Management had better have some good options for new signings up their sleeve to prevent a relegation battle next year.

I agree with others who have said there could be a fair few changes this Summer. I sincerely hope that Cureton isn't one of them.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
The real danger would be if someone offered a two year contract....

Geddon_Boys

Wouldn't his aspirations after retirement come into play? If Tis could convince him that there was a future coaching role for him at ECFC would that not help in pursuading him to stay?

malcolms

Wouldn't his aspirations after retirement come into play? If Tis could convince him that there was a future coaching role for him at ECFC would that not help in pursuading him to stay?
No another coach FFS!!!

angelic upstart

Our first team coaches are -

Stewart
Edwards
Tilson
Gwinnett

The kids have -

Hayward
Ampadu
Taylor

What is so wrong with that?

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster

Stewart
Edwards
Tilson
Gwinnett

The kids have -

Hayward
Ampadu
Taylor

Some would say that what is so wrong is that Shaun Taylor doesn't have Tis's job. ;)

Kingsman

Stewart
Edwards
Tilson
Gwinnett

The kids have -

Hayward
Ampadu
Taylor

Think you missed Tis and Perryman who both coach from time to time.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
any more and we will have more coaches than players :S