• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

If Jamie Cureton's phone is ringing in the summer...

jimmy

...which clubs are calling??

Jamie stated in a recent kellow's interview that his phone would be alot busy this summer than last. So which clubs are calling? He's also stated that he very much enjoys being back home in the westcountry. So who will he be with next season...

Bristol City? - Although he could do a job I think they would be too arogant to take on 36 year old Curo.

Bristol Rovers? - Don't think he'd drop to them.. lower division, lower wages.

Cardiff? - Similar reasons to Bristol City

ECFC? - Hope so!

Who else?

kirt f 1

chelsea's strikers aren't doing alot recently

davecg

He'll be here. Loved by the fans, respected by the managment, close to home, paid a reasonable wage, at 36 why move clubs only to have to prove yourself all over again and with the fear it may not work out. If he stays here he can end his career on a positive note scoring goals and playing games.
No brainer.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Money will be the motivator....If the money is right..that's where he'll be..

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Any club above us, and below us, with more money, so could end up anywhere in the country............. or indeed out of this country [tap]

chelsea's strikers aren't doing alot recently
not their on loan strikers!
hope JC stays. he's the sort of striker we've been desperate for for years

wonderelite

Cureton is showing his quality, don't be surprised if bigger and better clubs come calling and he shows little loyalty. He'll go with club status and wages offered.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Cureton is showing his quality, don't be surprised if bigger and better clubs come calling and he shows little loyalty. He'll go with club status and wages offered.
As indeed he should, Football is a very short career, best do what you can with it.

I'd like to think, on the other hand, that he might consider we "rescued" his career after his Shrewsbury nightmare, and that he'd like to repay the faith with another season in the red 'n' white.

Given what he has achieved with us (and I will hold my hands up and admit I was somewhat lukewarm about his arrival as he seemed finished last season), I won't begrudge him whatever he decides to do.

wonderelite

As indeed he should, Football is a very short career, best do what you can with it.

I'd like to think, on the other hand, that he might consider we "rescued" his career after his Shrewsbury nightmare, and that he'd like to repay the faith with another season in the red 'n' white.

Given what he has achieved with us (and I will hold my hands up and admit I was somewhat lukewarm about his arrival as he seemed finished last season), I won't begrudge him whatever he decides to do.
NO! Don't think I will be bitter if he leaves, I know he wants to compete at the highest level possible, fair play to him. I share your optimism, but i feel its unlikely.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I reckon a few lower end championship clubs could come sniffing.....

Bristol Rovers will deffo be intrested in terms of location.

Id be gutted if we lost him.