• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

If Jamie Cureton's phone is ringing in the summer...

Kingsman

Near the end of March, numerous players out of contract, nothing forthcoming from the club. Either 1. no contract has been offered 2. Players dont want to sign 3. holding out for better contract 4. Waiting for offers from other clubs. My gut feeling is that we might get wholesale changes this year.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
people saying tisdale took a chance on Cureton are mad....no chances taken at all , a proven player with a proven record and still enough miles in the legs to do the business for a couple seasons.

Noble was a gamble with his injury record , Cureton was a great signing.

Sign Jamie , get us into the championship lad.
Get real, Credy. Of course Cureton was a risk. Proven record? The previous season he had hardly had a look in at Norwich and scored something like 1 in 12 on loan at L2 Shrewsbury. Its not often that we get any player on top forming pitching up at SJP, there was no guarantee that Cureton would be the success that he has turned out to be.

Credit to Tis for taking the risk when presumably there were none or few other clubs in for him.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Get real, Credy. Of course Cureton was a risk. Proven record? The previous season he had hardly had a look in at Norwich and scored something like 1 in 12 on loan at L2 Shrewsbury. Its not often that we get any player on top forming pitching up at SJP, there was no guarantee that Cureton would be the success that he has turned out to be.

Credit to Tis for taking the risk when presumably there were none or few other clubs in for him.
There was a guarantee , the blokes class , a few crap games for a Shrewsbury and the fact he couldnt game a game infront of Grant Holt doesnt change that.

wonderelite

I'm almost sure he will stay here, he seems like one of the few players in this country not motivated by money. He looks really happy here and I would be suprised if he moved.
how can you say that? The only players you 'know' are city players, and they are not the only player in this country.

malcolms

I'm almost sure he will stay here, he seems like one of the few players in this country not motivated by money. He looks really happy here and I would be suprised if he moved.
Unless City at least match the offers made by other clubs you need to be prepared to be surprised....

Jamie Carragher, Steven Gerrard, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes along with all the other one-club players, and you say JAMIE CURETON is up with those players in terms of loyalty? He's been here less than a season, get real d*ckhead.

Last edited:

crocks

Not if he decides to retire before he turns duff (something dear ol' Marcus might have considered - I think it's sad he still plays when so obviously past it).
Marcus was retiring in the summer of 2009 until Tis persuaded him not to.

ecfctis

Near the end of March, numerous players out of contract, nothing forthcoming from the club. Either 1. no contract has been offered 2. Players dont want to sign 3. holding out for better contract 4. Waiting for offers from other clubs. My gut feeling is that we might get wholesale changes this year.
I make you right there on all counts!

Cureton could well be happy here - apart from current leaky defence - but all will depend on other possible offers. Think our budget is going to be a little
tighter next season. Could be a concerning close season!!

Willy Nilly

Cureton to spearhead Argyle's assault on League 2 next season.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Cureton to spearhead Argyle's assault on League 2 next season.
now that would be gutting :D