• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

I'd Be Happy With Mid-Table Or Above This Season

dontpassback

Top 10 or above will do for me,will it do for matt Taylor,I very much doubt it,he is ambitious and will want to do the best for city and himself,so we maybe pleasantly surprised!

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Will be more than happy to be a league 2 side come the end of the season......
Insinuating a struggle? Are you for real?

Grecian Max

I'm not Tisdale's greatest fan... but the idea that he was the one thing holding us back and now he's gone, we'll be unstoppable, ambition.... Is idiotic.
Who's even saying this?

His methods were stale to a lot of people. Just because you might listen to Football Weekly (I detect) doesn't automatically make people who wanted Tisdale to go idiots. Fact is he couldn't get us back up into league one despite plenty of opportunity to do so. We very nearly had another crisis after his god awful tactics saw us close to being relegated and the crowds plummet. For every good thing he did for the club he matched it with some pretty crap ideas, signings and worst of all sought to drive a wedge between fans, which still exists after he's gone.

He's an average manager at League 2 level and a decent conference manager. Statistically managers are at their best for roughly a decade, he's past that now and won't achieve much with MK IMO.

Grecian Max

And now it's a Tisdale thread again.

Matty Taylor should see us to top 7 I'd say. The squad is there, and you have to give credit to the Messiah for bringing players of good quality in the last couple of seasons.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will be more than happy to be a league 2 side come the end of the season......
Do you seriously believe Taylor is going to be that much worse than Tisdale.

How about a bet ?

If we finish in the bottom 3 I will give you £100, if we finish in the top 12 you give me £50 ?

Up for it ?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Last season Pym cleaned up at the end of season awards having apparently saved more shots than any other league 2 keeper !

Without him and Stockley last season we would have been lower mid table imho, we didn't look a particularly good side in many of the games I watched however we had a few key players who got us out of jail time and time again.

As things stand we have retained both of them and as long as they don't get injured we have one of the best keepers in the league and one of the best strikers, if they both play 90% of the games this season we won't be anywhere near the relegation zone.

Last edited:

ECFC89

Could you imagine being secretly unhappy that if we go up it will be tinged by the sadness that Taylor did better than Tis.

'No no no of course you support the team whatever and only want the best for Matt......Keep telling yourself that....

malcolms

Insinuating a struggle? Are you for real?
All things are possible, but it's nothing to do with anything other than the fact that Ashford is still 'pining'

Last edited:

ExeterCityLad

Think you've maybe jumped the shark with your trolling there. Delicate balance between subtle and absurd.
You seem to be the troll here, not me. Turning every thread into a Tisdale thread, with your delusional love for a poor manager, implying someone who inherited a successful squad already, got back to back promotions like numerous other teams have done from the conference and then kept us at an average place of 10th in league two 'the Messiah'

Give it a rest, at least for one thread.

Grecian Max

All things are possible, but it's nothing to do with anything other than the fact that Ashford is still 'pining'
Its weird, there's obviously psychological reasons that people who have spent so long vehemently defended Tisdale against "attacks" (in reality quite a soft fanbase chanting a few things every-so-often) react like this now are left with this gaping hole in their lives.

Underneath the surface there is a willing and readiness to roll out the "told you sos". Threads will have been bookmarked, tweets screenshotted, all ready to "win" the internet battle. It's baffling and very, very sad.

You'd hope, you'd think... that people could just move on and get behind Taylor. And criticise if there are things to pick at, as football fans have done for all time.

The irony is, those rose-tinters, the Tisdale acolytes etc, are now positioning themselves as the "negative" ones. Whether they realise this or not, I'm not sure, but one thing is for certain - it's hilarious to read and watch.

Meanwhile, the normal ones are just looking forward to a new season with a strong squad, rookie manager and all the excitement/uncertainty that brings with it. Most I've looked forward to season in ages. Might even see some old faces return. UTC.