• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

I'd Be Happy With Mid-Table Or Above This Season

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's not about "told you so's", its more about "careful now"s....

More than happy that we're shut of Tisdale, personally... Started to grate more than a bit. That said, I think people are deluded if they believe he's the primary thing that's been holding us back.

Not overly pessimistic about the season... I like Taylor and like the look of some of his signings... Would love it if he took us up. Don't really know what to expect though, to be honest.

Don't think its negative to have some level of caution mixed in with the optimism. What if we finish bottom half? Is that failure then? Is that Taylor out territory? I'd like to think we'd give him a bit of time to build unless its absolutely atrocious. Don't necessarily think we'll finish bottom half, but I don't think its beyond the realms. Its a transition period, things might not go well (then again.... they might).

berniesworld

Let’s be positive and have another flirt with the playoffs, the squad is pretty much the same.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's not about "told you so's", its more about "careful now"s....

More than happy that we're shut of Tisdale, personally... Started to grate more than a bit. That said, I think people are deluded if they believe he's the primary thing that's been holding us back.

Not overly pessimistic about the season... I like Taylor and like the look of some of his signings... Would love it if he took us up. Don't really know what to expect though, to be honest.

Don't think its negative to have some level of caution mixed in with the optimism. What if we finish bottom half? Is that failure then? Is that Taylor out territory? I'd like to think we'd give him a bit of time to build unless its absolutely atrocious. Don't necessarily think we'll finish bottom half, but I don't think its beyond the realms. Its a transition period, things might not go well (then again.... they might).
Edwin, in the main I like your posts despite not always being in agreement, you put your points across well. So the barbs weren’t aimed at you.

Regarding the lower half table, with the squad he has that would be a disappointment in my view. We should be aiming for top 7.

If he doesn’t achieve that, of course it’s not “Taylor out” - the majority of he squad hasn’t been built by him and he deserves a sensible amount of time to see his vision through. The previous incumbent managed to go a whole year with only 3 home wins or something like that. Unless we are really awful, then he’ll have to walk as the football industry dictates. Signs are encouraging, but who knows.

Red Monster

Twitter... hashtag yourself with ECFC so everyone can see sort of routine

TBH I’m just fed up of people who wanted Tisdale gone being painted as village idiots. Similar to the Brexit conversation.

What I’m more ****ed off at is how he manage to divide the fan base and now continues to do so even though he’s not here. Takes a special kind of **** to do that. As I’ve said, the usual suspects will have their screenshots of tweets, bookmarked threads all ready for the time we lose 0-4 at home and it’s all gone wrong. Matters more thatthey “backed the right horse” than wanting City to do well and enjoy going down the park.

In conclusion, get behind Matt Taylor, forget about the former manager and his reign... and look forward to the new season.
I’m not apologising for saying PT is the best and most successful manager we’ve every had ,but he’s gone like plenty of
Managers we’ve had before, so time to move on.

It’s now time to get right behind Matt and the boys ,and hopefully Matt in the next few years will better anything
Tisdale achieved here.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think our first win is vital. If we start well we can build on that but if we go into, September say, looking for the first three points then we could struggle.

However I trust the new regime and I reckon we'll end up top seven and possibly higher if we keep our boys fit.

Avening Posse

Cautiously optimistic down under. I think Matt has brought in decent players, and I am optimistically assuming he knows of one or two pearls in the youth ranks to help make up numbers. Losing Storey was a big blow, more so than losing JMT in my view (also obviously a big blow), but we have quite a few who can play at CB. Definitely think the frontline will be one of the best, if not the best, in the division this season, for me a massive one is keeping Pym. Not seeing any rumours on here so hoping I don't need to worry on that front. Right back and possible another wide right player would be great. I know Matt is a rookie and all that, and I'm definitely in the give him time camp, but I reckon we are going to do really well UTC......I have stuck a bet on for promotion (not league winners)

Ashford Grecian

I never actually mentioned Tisdale or MK in my post, but just a little concerned about some of the players that have left / could still potentially leave and that our squad look a little "threadbare" ATM....

Grecian Max

I never actually mentioned Tisdale or MK in my post, but just a little concerned about some of the players that have left / could still potentially leave and that our squad look a little "threadbare" ATM....
We released a bunch of Tisdale chaff, rightfully so too. He always overspent on unnecessary extra players.

Forte ---> Brunt
Abrahams ---> Simpson
Martin ---> JMT
Law ---> Harley

Anyone logical can see that's not bad business. We don't need to sell Hiram & Stockley.

I agree we need some more additions, which will happen in due course.

tonykellowfan

JMT is the big loss.

Don't forget Storey has gone as well.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are you on for the small wager I suggested ?