• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

I'd Be Happy With Mid-Table Or Above This Season

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Will be more than happy to be a league 2 side come the end of the season......
Are you really so worried about the Dons' prospects?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are you really so worried about the Dons' prospects?
Please don't call them the Dons. MK or MKD, they have no longer any tenuous connection to the original Wimbledon team. They made their bed, now they should lie in it and drop the "Dons" bit. FFS, they wanted to move to Dublin at one point...

IndoMike

Please don't call them the Dons. MK or MKD, they have no longer any tenuous connection to the original Wimbledon team. They made their bed, now they should lie in it and drop the "Dons" bit. FFS, they wanted to move to Dublin at one point...
You didn't notice the thread entitled "Tisdale to MK Dons" which has been running for a month? Not quite sure why you select my post to make your point after such a long time.

LDNGrecian

Exactly, absolutely bang on.

Those deluded souls who keep banging on about Tisdale, both on here and twitter really need to take a look at themselves. There's people not going any more because he left. Absolute sad acts.
Max, although I agree with people being overly obsessed with Tisdale, your reaction is full of condemnation. Would you condemn people who boo Tisdale, or give him abuse (swearing at him, hand gestures etc) in the same way? Just interested in where your opinion lies like.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
You didn't notice the thread entitled "Tisdale to MK Dons" which has been running for a month? Not quite sure why you select my post to make your point after such a long time.
Nothing personal, it's a cumulative thing, I've just finally got fed up with everyone talking about Tisdale and MK, whose history over the last 15 years I loathe. Your post was a clever twist, but let's focus on Exeter City, eh?

Grecian Max

Max, although I agree with people being overly obsessed with Tisdale, your reaction is full of condemnation. Would you condemn people who boo Tisdale, or give him abuse (swearing at him, hand gestures etc) in the same way? Just interested in where your opinion lies like.
Tbh, hand gestures and swearing isn’t that part and parcel of football? I’m not easily offended so struggle to see what the issue would be in Tisdale receiving a bit of pressure (and let’s be honest it was hardly storming the pitch or chucking season tickets etc). He gave back as much as was given out.

He really does seem to have brought people under his spell, it’s almosy cult-like. I find the adulation and defensiveness really really odd - particularly when it’s fired across from some make believe moral high ground these people have created for themselves.

People saying they aren’t going to go to City any more because they’re upset that some other fans didn’t like a manager... the mind boggles. Advice for anyone suffering from Tisdaleitis would be to grow a thicker skin and take a dose of reality that he’s gone and not coming back. At least I hope :D

Grecian Max

In answer to your question, I have definitely chanted Tisdale out, I have definitely chucked a naughty sign in his direction and I have definitely booed him when he’s ****ing off down the tunnel.

All that said, during the games I’ve only ever got behind his sides. To some that makes me a pariah, I just think I’m a normal football fan who just wants to enjoy going to City.

Red Monster

Tbh, hand gestures and swearing isn’t that part and parcel of football? I’m not easily offended so struggle to see what the issue would be in Tisdale receiving a bit of pressure (and let’s be honest it was hardly storming the pitch or chucking season tickets etc). He gave back as much as was given out.

He really does seem to have brought people under his spell, it’s almosy cult-like. I find the adulation and defensiveness really really odd - particularly when it’s fired across from some make believe moral high ground these people have created for themselves.

People saying they aren’t going to go to City any more because they’re upset that some other fans didn’t like a manager... the mind boggles. Advice for anyone suffering from Tisdaleitis would be to grow a thicker skin and take a dose of reality that he’s gone and not coming back. At least I hope :D
Where’has it been said that people aren’t going to go because Tis has left .

Last edited:

IndoMike

Nothing personal, it's a cumulative thing, I've just finally got fed up with everyone talking about Tisdale and MK, whose history over the last 15 years I loathe. Your post was a clever twist, but let's focus on Exeter City, eh?
Yes, better not get bogged down in what we should call the team that Tis went to whose name starts with a capital letter followed by another capital letter followed by a word which is associated with a teacher university or a famous Russian river or even a Spanish dreamer.

Grecian Max

Where’has it been said that people aren’t going to go because Tis has left .
Twitter... hashtag yourself with ECFC so everyone can see sort of routine

TBH I’m just fed up of people who wanted Tisdale gone being painted as village idiots. Similar to the Brexit conversation.

What I’m more ****ed off at is how he manage to divide the fan base and now continues to do so even though he’s not here. Takes a special kind of **** to do that. As I’ve said, the usual suspects will have their screenshots of tweets, bookmarked threads all ready for the time we lose 0-4 at home and it’s all gone wrong. Matters more thatthey “backed the right horse” than wanting City to do well and enjoy going down the park.

In conclusion, get behind Matt Taylor, forget about the former manager and his reign... and look forward to the new season.

Last edited: