• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

I'd Be Happy With Mid-Table Or Above This Season

Red Bill

Tisdale hadn't had a promotion for 10 years, his average league position since we returned to league 2 was around 10th.

For a new manager who thus far has only hand picked four of his own players a top half finish would not be a disaster, our ambition should be promotion though.

It clearly isn't all about league position though, for the most part during the last 4 - 6 years I haven't enjoyed watching us at SJP, our home record last season was excellent however unless I was a loyal ECFC supporter I wouldn't have been going to many games on the back of the ones I went to.
This.............

A bit of extra thought that would qualify a mid table finish though. Tisdale was here for 12 years, thats 12 years of his ways, his practises, his ethos. The back room staff may have changed with the manager, but the whole club will have to get used to doing things differently, including some of our players, it will come as no surprise to me if it takes a while for Matt's ways to bed in and for that reason I'll understand if we end up in mid table. Target however should as always be promotion and I'm sure that is matt Taylor's target too.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps we should be happy with top-half, as this is something the club hasn't made a habit of achieving since it joined the League. But I think Matt Taylor has made a good start, particularly if he can add to the promising signings he's already made. It wouldn't surprise me if we did well.

ExeterCityLad

I will be genuinely surprised if we don't finish top 3.

ExeterCityLad

I'm not Tisdale's greatest fan... but the idea that he was the one thing holding us back and now he's gone, we'll be unstoppable, ambition.... Is idiotic.
It's factual, not idiotic.

He clearly, very clearly in fact, deliberately lost us that game Wembley game last season to keep us down, as he knew he was leaving and wanted JMT to join him on a free.

Last edited:

tonykellowfan

He clearly, very clearly in fact, deliberately lost us that game Wembley game last season to keep us down, as he knew he was leaving and wanted JMT to join him on a free.
This is why Trump wins elections.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Reminds me a bit of the situation in the 70s. In John Newman we had someone who'd been manager for many years, and had done OK. At least he kept us away from the bottom of the table, which was worthy of praise in that era. He was a popular manager. After he left we were promoted within six months under Bobby Saxton, one of Newman's signings.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Reminds me a bit of the situation in the 70s. In John Newman we had someone who'd been manager for many years, and had done OK. At least he kept us away from the bottom of the table, which was worthy of praise in that era. He was a popular manager. After he left we were promoted within six months under Bobby Saxton, one of Newman's signings.
That’s convinced me.

Exeter City unbeaten L2 Champions 2018/19

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster

Think you've maybe jumped the shark with your trolling there. Delicate balance between subtle and absurd.

Ashford Grecian

Will be more than happy to be a league 2 side come the end of the season......

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tisdale hadn't had a promotion for 10 years, his average league position since we returned to league 2 was around 10th.

For a new manager who thus far has only hand picked four of his own players a top half finish would not be a disaster, our ambition should be promotion though.

It clearly isn't all about league position though, for the most part during the last 4 - 6 years I haven't enjoyed watching us at SJP, our home record last season was excellent however unless I was a loyal ECFC supporter I wouldn't have been going to many games on the back of the ones I went to.
Exactly, absolutely bang on.

Those deluded souls who keep banging on about Tisdale, both on here and twitter really need to take a look at themselves. There's people not going any more because he left. Absolute sad acts.