• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Plymouth Argyle official matchday thread

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Steve Tully on co-commentary duties.
******* Brilliant needs someone with a real passion for City to commentate .

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
If I had the wings of a sparrow......

David Treharne

It's incredibly mild. Its 15c. We've had 8mm of rain in the last 24 hours (actually 22+ hours) and although it's not raining at the moment, there is still dampness in the air and it will undoubtedly rain again, though possibly not as hard as overnight. The wind is SSW gusting between 4-6 and quite squally in the showers. Strangely the barometer suggests that the wind will change direction during the course of the match and come from the North. I'm posting early because I aim to watch the rugby with a fanatical England supporter neighbour and then get to the ground early. Remember that St James Road is closed, and you hardly need to be reminded that as it's a sell out it'll be congested anyway. No more later!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Macclesfield's game at home to Bradford City has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

Stelios

There's been a few times recently where I've thought a match at SJP might be postponed due to heavy rain in the previous 48 hours only to show up and not even see a puddle. The pitch now drains remarkably well.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Stelios

Johnny Maxted's birthday today 🧤 🥳

Would be nice for the Big Bank to sing him happy birthday :)

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Come on City, Forget the last two games and play like you did against MK Dongs last season at SJP, Get at them from the start!

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Let's just hope we turn up if we do I am confident of the 3 points - a performance similar to MK at home last year will do nicely
COYR