• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Number13

Is he our youngest debutant?

And in what position did he play?

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

Exehausted

This is my 50th season watching City and I've been lucky to watch some fantastic young players make their debuts in that time. Nicky Marker and Buster Phillips were both 16 I think and they were both brilliant, but tonight Ethan was a class above the pair of them. Absolutely stunning and fully deserved to be Man of the Match. He made at least 5 fantastic tackles in and around the box, 2 of them when he was the last man, but time after time he cut the ball out and nonchalantly played it to a team mate with ease. I'm sure he won't keep his place on Saturday though and Woodman will be back!

grecianfaniow

This is my 50th season watching City and I've been lucky to watch some fantastic young players make their debuts in that time. Nicky Marker and Buster Phillips were both 16 I think and they were both brilliant, but tonight Ethan was a class above the pair of them. Absolutely stunning and fully deserved to be Man of the Match. He made at least 5 fantastic tackles in and around the box, 2 of them when he was the last man, but time after time he cut the ball out and nonchalantly played it to a team mate with ease. I'm sure he won't keep his place on Saturday though and Woodman will be back!
woodman noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo why cant he see he is ****e beyond ****e!!!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Serious question.

Now that he's seen (MotM!!) action in the LC and has squad number et al and all does that mean he's now officially 'tied' to the ECFC and any potential suitors have to go through club channels to approach him, or is he still a free agent if any of the big boys come sniffing (as has been rumoured for the last year or two)?
I'm pretty sure he's still subject to EPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

Is it correct that he isn't actually eligible for FL games yet?

supernova

Two years ago I posted this and no-one was having it....

He might not be gone by the time he's 16 but we've got another 20 days yet to wait before the transfer window shuts... fingers crossed

Last edited:

budegrecian

Never thought we'd actually get to see him play a competitive game for City, so I'm delighted that we got that opportunity last night.
If it's not amazing enough to make a debut at 15, to do it against a Championship side & at Centre Half & to be MoM: incredible, simply incredible.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Good to see that the club are keeping him away from doing the press interviews for the time being.

tonykellowfan

transfer window is irrelevant he can leave at any time as he has not signed a pro contract with the club, he has to be 16 to do that

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
He's only allowed to play because it's the school holidays!