• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

ecfc2000

He's only allowed to play because it's the school holidays!
can he play on Saturday?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
He's only allowed to play because it's the school holidays!
The SSN pundits yesterday signed off with "Back to school tomorrow!" - er, it's the holidays, chaps!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
can he play on Saturday?
All the way through to Oxford at home in the EFL Trophy on 30 August. When's half term?

Red Bill

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but does making a first team appearance make any difference to the money we would receive for him or is it still capped at £60k (or whatever peanuts it is now) because he's from a Cat C academy?

budegrecian

The SSN pundits yesterday signed off with "Back to school tomorrow!" - er, it's the holidays, chaps!
Yes, but it must have been way past his bedtime by the time the match finished.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, but it must have been way past his bedtime by the time the match finished.
I thought that myself last night - too late as I'd already switched off Facebook before turning in.

A Slacker

ecfc2000

I really hope he plays on Saturday. Would be great to finally see him in action.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry if this question has already been asked, but does making a first team appearance make any difference to the money we would receive for him or is it still capped at £60k (or whatever peanuts it is now) because he's from a Cat C academy?
I don't know the definitive answer on this Bill, but if he moves abroad then I would assume that academy provisions would not apply.

Could the Club set up a deal like this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2920818/Martin-Odegaard-signs-Real-Madrid.html

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Utter class tonight and head and shoulders the best player on the pitch.

It's the first time I've seen him but I couldn't believe how composed he was plus he reads the game superbly. It will be really exciting to see how he develops
My first sight of him too and I agree with the points about his composure and ability to read the game. Played more like a seasoned pro than a 15 year old lad and made some good tackles/interventions. (clap) Hugely impressive. Assuming all stays well with him he is bound to go on to play at a much higher level.