• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Contract negotiations....

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope Matt Russell hasn't been a City fan for too long, because regular exeweb posters like me have been getting older while newer, younger people on these boards are noticeable by their absence. Really not sure how many of our most regular posters are under forty, never mind under thirty.

conker

£2 a month for Trust membership seems pretty good to me. Especially as your Trust seem to function with the idea of supporting the fanbase being paramount rather than just looking out for themselves.

Or have I got it terribly wrong?

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
regular exeweb posters like me have been getting older while newer, younger people on these boards are noticeable by their absence.
Hardly surprising really, for anyone under 25 reading these boards must be left scratching the collective head.

For example, just one thread in the last 24 hrs mentioned Kneels (taken over in '78), an Ivor and clean sheets. Sometimes there's even talk of a Nelson Stiffle, who ?

For any youngster reading this site it must be about as interesting as sitting alongside your Grandad while he reminisces with his mates in the legion.

Grecian2K

Indeed Elgin.

And there's even one regular poster who keeps banging on about the failings of a Glovesman called Pym....and I don't think it's Christy he's referring to. ;)

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

I haven't decided my age yet. I was on a one year roller but I'm renegotiating for at least a three score and ten fixed term.

malcolms

I hope Matt Russell hasn't been a City fan for too long, because regular exeweb posters like me have been getting older while newer, younger people on these boards are noticeable by their absence. Really not sure how many of our most regular posters are under forty, never mind under thirty.
They're all on Twitter, FB and Instagram.. Forums like this are old technology.

Last edited:

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
They're all on Twitter, FB and Instagram.. Forums like this are old technology.
True. It's a shame though.

IndoMike

Is there a correlation between age and opinion? I don't think so. On Exeweb there is a wide range of opinions from the more senior members and from the younger ones, too. Funny how some of our younger posters are indulging in ageism (perhaps forgetting that they will become old sooner or later) when on other topics they express their distaste for prejudice.
Regarding the "Are you a member of the trust?" mantra, which some posters use as if it was the killing argument to test one's loyalty to City, Malcs in past has put into City coffers much more money than the average Trust member to keep the club going, so the "Are you a Trust member?" jibe must seem to Malcs like being attacked with an old, wet lettuce.

Last edited:

LOG

Regarding the "Are you a member of the trust?" mantra, which some posters use as if it was the killing argument to test one's loyalty to City, Malcs in past has put into City coffers much more money than the average Trust member to keep the club going, so the "Are you a Trust member?" jibe must seem to Malcs like being attacked with an old, wet lettuce.
There are differing opinions on this but mine would be that if you equate Trust membership solely with putting money into the club then you're missing the point completely.

As far as i'm concerned, the Trust could donate precisely £0.00 to the club and i'd still be a member.

Last edited:

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is there a correlation between age and opinion? .
I don't think anyone was suggesting there was.